TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys go? Did you return? Should we send a search party? Can the not so cool kids live vicariously? Requesting trip report W/ pics.
Happy birthday Michael "Mountain Goat Jr." "fill in last name".

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Mountain Goat Jr. - now that's classic right there!

·
Registered
83 Posts
We went....we returned.....we saw things people should see but don't ....we saw things people, especially young children, should not see but do (think old, saggy, leather sacks).

Left town Friday night, headed over the hump for dinner in Pahrump before heading into the park. We topped off in Furnace Creek ($5 gal) and kept on going to our camp sight just before the Ubehebe crater. Nothing exciting but it worked. We woke Sat and were in the road by 0945. First stop, aforementioned crater....

After throwing a few rocks we took off towards tea kettle junction on race track valley road. The road was not the smoothest of surfaces, in fact it rattled one of my D-rings off of my bumper. Luckily, John was using his ever so clever eagle like vision and spotted it in the road. After 20 miles we ended up here....

We pushed on another 7miles to the race track. We walked out as far as we could without stepping in the mud. Unfortunately the south end of the Playa were most of the traveling rocks are was still muddy. I didn't get any pics at the race track. We checked out Lippincott mil and Homestake dry camp before heading down Lippincott road. Again...no pics, what the hell was I thinking? Lippincott was fun though, wish you guys could see what it looked like....

We rolled into the springs well before dark....may be a first for me. I did snap a pic before getting into camp...

We set up camp and promptly jumped into the springs...that's all u have to say about this place.....except Happy Birthday son....For those of you that have been to the springs "with good company that did not travel with you" ... you will know what I'm talking about. I was impressed with this though....

After a great night we took our time the next morning before we headed out over steel pass. We didn't have any issues with the road but it was washed out significantly more then last time I was there. This was my favorite section....

Drove past Euraka dunes and then headed home. Sorry for the lack of pics, I think John and Nicole or Jim may have some more. I had a great time traveling with you guys and your furry friends. Hope we will be out there again soon!

·
Registered
230 Posts
It was an awesome trip! Here's some of the pictures we took.

Friday Nights Camp

View from Camp Saturday Morning

Teakettle Junction group photo

Racetrack

Possibly the slowest moving thing on the Racetrack. Katie...

View from the top of Lippincott pass

The springs

I didn't get a picture of the bathroom but I did get the shower...

Steel Pass

Eureka Dunes

Old mining equipment in Hanging Rock Canyon

Window surfing with his eyes closed...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
vegastoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing