TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in freezing their butts off on Sat? Thursday is my bday and me and Amy are looking to go wheeling on Sat. It looks like there will be a heep or two with me, and possible a raider, Which in the near future will be sas'd ;) . So let me know who likes the cold

Later
Jordan

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
rocktoy87 said:
Anyone interested in freezing their butts off on Sat? Thursday is my bday and me and Amy are looking to go wheeling on Sat. It looks like there will be a heep or two with me, and possible a raider, Which in the near future will be sas'd ;) . So let me know who likes the cold

Later
Jordan
I'd go, but I only want to run greens and maybe a couple blue 1s. If there are a couple of people that only want to run low trails, I'd go up. Don't want to keep you big guys from having fun with harder trails.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Paragon? I would go but I've never been there before, I think you have to take some training thing? Also wouldnt wanna run anything too technical my truck is basically stock. I wouldnt wanna hold you guys up though.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Jwitc075 said:
Paragon? I would go but I've never been there before, I think you have to take some training thing? Also wouldnt wanna run anything too technical my truck is basically stock. I wouldnt wanna hold you guys up though.
Well you could come in my group if I go. We only need one more truck for a group. I have an 06, and try to avoid any trails where I'll beat her up to bad on. I'm lifted 3 inches, but the first time I was up to Paragon, there was a stock Tacoma that went everywhere we did with no problems. He bashed in his skid plate a couple of times, but I honestly think he was going a bit too fast when he did it. The only other time he hit something was crossing the one creek, and I don't blame him...you couldn't see the rocks under water.

Also, just so you know, if you do go up there are plenty of trails that are very un-technical. Just a matter of having a patience, being easy with the skinny pedal, and asking for a spot if you feal uncomfortable. I consider myself a novice wheeler. I understand most of the ideas behind passing obstacles, just don't have the experience like some of these guys have.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That sounds good, Ive wheeled before and just ended up getting out a bunch of times and looking for the best line. I would rather do that than go to fast and break something as I am poor and can't afford to fix anything. Is there anything required? I have a strap, gas container and shovel and that is the extent of my offroad mods.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Jwitc075 said:
That sounds good, Ive wheeled before and just ended up getting out a bunch of times and looking for the best line. I would rather do that than go to fast and break something as I am poor and can't afford to fix anything. Is there anything required? I have a strap, gas container and shovel and that is the extent of my offroad mods.
does the strap have metal hooks?
If so not allowed in, other than that your set.

I did all the greens and I am a calculating driver as well, I don't rush it I just take my time and ask for a spot when needed like Rodge suggested...

Look at my vid in my paragon run post, it gives you a glimps of some of the stuff we went through...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll take a look at the your video. And yes, the strap has metal hooks, I didn't know the hooks were so bad when I bought it. I guess I should get a new one any suggestions on brands?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'de like to go as long as I dont get a shitload of work to do. I go to college at Kutztown, I guess its about an hour and 15 minutes south of Paragon. Can I let you know later in the week if I'm in for sure or do you need to know asap?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Jwitc075 said:
I'de like to go as long as I dont get a shitload of work to do. I go to college at Kutztown, I guess its about an hour and 15 minutes south of Paragon. Can I let you know later in the week if I'm in for sure or do you need to know asap?
Myself and Jordan(Rocktoy87) have an hour and a half drive North, so you're not too much futher away than we are.

Jordan, I should hopefully have my sliders by then. :D

EDIT:

Count me out. I just remembered I have to help remodel the middle bedroom on the 2nd floor of my house. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts