TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an email sent to the NorCal Chapter....

8<------------------------------------------------------

Good evening everyone! Looks like the recent storms have brought lots of nice snow to play in! Several of us are heading up to the Sierra for some snow wheeling on the weekend of January 28th.

We'll be heading up Iron Mountain Road (Mormon Emigrant Trail), and depending on conditions, exploring some side roads. This is a snow or shine trip, and a few of us will be camping Saturday night. If you have never snow camped, it's a lot like regular camping, just a little colder. We usually find wood out on the trail, but if you have some nice dry wood lying around it would great if you could bring it with!

Please come prepared. This means you should have the usual stuff, spare tire, front and rear recovery points, tow strap, shovel, first aid kit, emergency food, water, and clothes, radios, etc. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Meeting time is 10:30AM at the Safeway in Pollock Pines. Pollock Pines is about 14 miles east of Placerville on highway 50. If you are heading east you will want to take the second Pollock Pines exit on Sly Park Road. Turn north under the freeway and you will see Safeway on the left. There is also a gas station across the street if you need to top off. We will be on CB channel 31. Here's a map thanks to Google....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=pollock+pines,+ca&btnG=Search&ll=38.738419,-120.555725&spn=0.060388,0.173035

Here are some pics from a previous snow camping trip....

http://www.norcalttora.com/gallery/album59

See you there!
Mike Ross
NorCal TTORA Prez.
http://www.toy4x4.net/
http://www.norcalttora.com/
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lysmachia said:
I want pics of all you straping eachother out!!!
Snow runs always turn into a big clusterfuck. I'm sure we will have lots of strapping/winching pics! :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
ill be there! im sure dean will be there! and i think steve will be there! brian...you comin??? yunny, its worth the drive bro. cmmmmmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..............
snow trip guys:D this may be my last trip for a while...police academy starts feb 27th.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
i'm coming.....taking it off tomorrow....so we aren't camping? just for the day?

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah im going..im going to clear it with srg wed...cant wait...weeeeeeeeee

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
hawaiianbro said:
i'm coming.....taking it off tomorrow....so we aren't camping? just for the day?
all the big wigs are gonna be campin out...i might be, depends on the passenger situation:driving:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I, unfortunately, will not be able to make it. I'm taking an English Competency exam Sat. morning at 8:30am and ide be a couple hourse late to the meeting point. Wow...im fucking pissed...

~Miguel

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
miguel4110 said:
I, unfortunately, will not be able to make it. I'm taking an English Competency exam Sat. morning at 8:30am and ide be a couple hourse late to the meeting point. Wow...im fucking pissed...

~Miguel
not to worry...we will surely be stuck not far from the trailhead winching some noob out :D you should be able to catch up if you have a map of the trail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
guys i cant wait..this will be the first snow wheel trip...im so goin to get stuck...sweeeeet

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
hammerdown said:
not to worry...we will surely be stuck not far from the trailhead winching some noob out :D you should be able to catch up if you have a map of the trail.

Haha! Didn't think of that. Anyone have a link to a map of the area (more detailed than the Google one above, obviously) and maybe give me a idea of the direction the group will be headed? I have a CB so that will help. Thanks.

~Miguel

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
miguel4110 said:
Haha! Didn't think of that. Anyone have a link to a map of the area (more detailed than the Google one above, obviously) and maybe give me a idea of the direction the group will be headed? I have a CB so that will help. Thanks.

~Miguel
It probably won't be hard to find us. We'll be heading up Mormon Emigrant trail towards highway 88. If it's the usual stuckfest you shouldn't have a problem catching up. We'll be on channel 31.

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
So far, I'm planning on going. I applied for a job and if I get it, I'll just let them know I already had plans to go camping :) Not sure if I'll camp out or not.

My girlfriend is planning on coming too to wheel her 4runner (finally!) :D I promise she won't go crazy like last time LOL

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
generalee7 said:
So far, I'm planning on going. I applied for a job and if I get it, I'll just let them know I already had plans to go camping :) Not sure if I'll camp out or not.

My girlfriend is planning on coming too to wheel her 4runner (finally!) :D I promise she won't go crazy like last time LOL
Dude, I can see it already. It will be cold and snowy and she will get all angry and rip your sack off.

Anyway, if you think of it, can you bring my timing belt tool? My buddy Tim wants to get his timing belt done.

Later,
....Mike

·
Dean
2,585 Posts
generalee7 said:

you better camp!!!! I am!!!!
that reminds me I better make sure my tent and sleeping bag are all de-sanded from JT.

I am 90% sure I am bringing the dogs...... dana can play with them.
Blazer might want to stay home for this one.....brrrrrrrrrrrr cold for the little fella.

1 - 20 of 278 Posts