TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The date is already set for Jan 21, 2011.

The location is the question. I would like to have one down south, since this has not been successfully done since I have been a part of the club. If it is held in the north colorado springs area who thinks they will be able to show up?

Location, Old C's on Woodmen

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=old+chicago+colorado+springs&fb=1&gl=us&hq=old+chicago&hnear=Colorado+Springs,+El+Paso,+Colorado&ei=4EQGTe7QDcPKnAeArf3lDQ&oi=local_group&ved=0CAQQtgMwAQ&ll=38.933826,-104.813197&spn=0.013804,0.022037&z=16

Time: 730ish

Attending:
Ike
MrDoug
Orange Crusher +1
Alteredvision +1
Taylor00
CGuava
Mcumbie
S.B.
Bjarker +1(maybe +2)
Wakkjobb +1
Icehorse
Icehorses dad
Quickdraw
foxtrot89
ssmith0480 +1
extremepaint
Avsfreak1234
Dot
00regcab+1
CoTacoTRD

Maybes:

Mythica
Luke WL
Ashaman

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
When did we decide on the 21st? I'm closer to the Springs than Denver now so I'm likely in.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Few days ago it was decided that it may make things easier to shoot for a meet and greet the same day each month. Third Friday was choosen, which the 21st happens to be.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yet nobody has suggested a place.
I vote for Rocky Mountain Brewery off of Platte and Powers or Trinity Brewing off Garden of the Gods and I-25 for easy access to 25. Down south there's the Hatch Cover on 115 and E Cheyenne Mtn Blvd; been a while since I've been there though but I liked it.

What kind of place makes a good meet-up spot? Bar, restaurant, empty parking lot, dumpster behind Wal Mart... Ideas? Suggestion?

Color me in
>>Dan

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
My :2cents:

Old C's on Woodmen would probably be most ideal, as it's VERY simple to find for people who are not familiar with the area that may be coming. But if I make it down, I wont be picky as to what the place is. Just thought I'd throw that in.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yep, Old Chicago's; west on Woodmen from I-25... there's a Circle-K station and a few other chain restaurants there; Outback, TGI Friday's and a Fairfield Inn.

How's 6 or 7 sound? I realize some folks have work so 5 may be too early. Ah, the benefits of being unemployed... :) or :(

>>Dan

1 - 20 of 322 Posts