TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my JBA headers put on about a week ago and thought I'd throw a clip up for sound. First video is a startup, rev, and drive away (dont mind the power steering whine...). Second is a drive up and a few revs (the rasp is only because of the camera...it couldnt quite handle it). Last is a quick run ontothe freeway from in the cab. Don't expect it to sound good if you don't have good speakers. Best part about this little excursion...a Mazda 6 decided to rear end me right before we got started and completely destroyed his front end.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aaronrodas said:
hey sounds good what intake ru running and throttle body ?
Intake is a stock airbox with deckplate mod, supra maf and 3" piping. Stock throttle body for now.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha no I didnt even think to take any.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Those clips don't do any justice as to how loud your truck really is. Your truck sounds great for an off road truck, but driving around town its a cop magnet. You need a headset & intercom system now. Sounds great!!! :headbang:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig, you havent even heard it since the headers went on have you?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
How much drama is involved in installing the headers?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha...in the 2hrs I spent trying to install them myself, I managed to get the heat shield off of one of the cats. None of the other bolts would break lose, and there's practically no room to work. I imagine it would have gone a little better if I had impacts, but my buddy had them in his truck. I ended up taking it into a muffler shop and talked them down to $300 for the install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cool.

I'm all for headers, but after looking under the hood and seeing how much space there I started to think I really didn't need them THAT bad.

Those just bolt do the head and the cat, right? No welding?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ScreamingTaco said:
Those just bolt do the head and the cat, right? No welding?
Depends on what year you have, mine had to be welded to the cat (which I believe goes for 2001-2004). As far as i know there is no welding for the previous years.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sounds awesome. I have been contimplating the JBA's for some time now. How is the throttle response and power increase? I have a similiar set up to yours. Where did you get your headers from? URD?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Throttle response is better and it pulls a bit harder...as soon as I can get back to JBA i'll have numbers. And yeah I got them from URD.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Is JBA giving you a deal on headers?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope...i was hoping they would give me a deal on either headers or install but they said they're too busy to give away free installs...I still get free time on the dyno though so I'm not complaining. I got the headers from URD.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i'd love to know what your hp rating comes out at with all the stuff you have on it!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Muddin taco2131 said:
i'd love to know what your hp rating comes out at with all the stuff you have on it!
Before the headers I dyno'd 235hp/253ftlbs at the wheels, my cahrts are up in a few threads on here...I'll be heading back to JBA either tomorrow or next weekend for the post headers dyno.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts