TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you guys that have JBA headers i would like to know how did you install it. in other words do you have to remove the enigne to do install the headers or not. Taco 06 4.0 manuel 4x4

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't have the 4.0, I've got the 3.4 and I'll tell ya...it was a bitch it was to get the JBA's in. I hope your install goes smoother than mine. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much for the response. thats what i heard for the 4.0, i hope its not true.. could anyone tell me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
3jooom said:
47 views 1 reply!!
I know, many interested but not much esperience with the 4.0. Try to get in touch with Gadget at URD I bet he can give you the best info for your application. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Taking everything out isn't the hard part, infact with the 4.0 theres still plenty of room in the new tacos. Removing everything was really easy, the hard part is welding the headers to the cat, very difficult to line up and you have to be really careful with what you cut away. With the jba headers you have to use the stock exhuast, but cut away the stock manifold. There are no flanges where the stock manifold meets the cats, so everything has to be cut and welded at this section. Once everything is welded back together you can only pray that you were very careful in measuring everything so that all the parts will line up close to stock positions. Then all that is left is to bolt everything back up which isn't too hard if everthing is lined up correctly like I said.
I don't know if what I said was clear at all, but hope it helps. To answer your question though, no you don't have to remove the engine. Side note though, I have a prerunner and not a 4x4 so I don't know if you might have other parts in the way.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VietNguyen82 said:
Taking everything out isn't the hard part, infact with the 4.0 theres still plenty of room in the new tacos. Removing everything was really easy, the hard part is welding the headers to the cat, very difficult to line up and you have to be really careful with what you cut away. With the jba headers you have to use the stock exhuast, but cut away the stock manifold. There are no flanges where the stock manifold meets the cats, so everything has to be cut and welded at this section. Once everything is welded back together you can only pray that you were very careful in measuring everything so that all the parts will line up close to stock positions. Then all that is left is to bolt everything back up which isn't too hard if everthing is lined up correctly like I said.
I don't know if what I said was clear at all, but hope it helps. To answer your question though, no you don't have to remove the engine. Side note though, I have a prerunner and not a 4x4 so I don't know if you might have other parts in the way.
thank you very much for the info. I changed my exhuast, i have the TRD one.. i hope that wont be a problem.. i ill see how to goes but agian thank you for the good info..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts