TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,464 Posts
When you abuse your vehicle, the warranty excludes covering those repairs. Toyota has done the same.

The photo in the article is of the infamous mud pit up in Hungry Valley. That mud pit has voided thousands of warranties over the years. I avoid it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not surprised about the warranty, but it seems the following components have failed or are failing - alternator, rear axle, locker activating randomly, third brakelight. I have been in mud on many occasions (never so deep that I got stuck though) and have not had any adverse effects that I know of. Some of his issues seem to be shorted electronics.

I have not worked on trucks other than Toyota but the connectors on Toyotas are well done compared to what I see on other car brands. Wires potted where they enter the connector and an internal o-ring.

My ADD detection connector failed (4WD light would not come on even though I was in 4WD) but it was because it was continuously being bathed in oil from the valve cover leak.

Also I wonder if it's better to have conventional brake light bulbs vs LED. I believe the LED units have small circuit boards associated with them and perhaps it's difficult to prevent moisture damage on these?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts