TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wellsville, OH January 27, 2007

Meet at the Forbidden Zone prompty @ 10am and hit the trails from there.

Dinner afterwards at the Roadhouse for anyone interested.

Questions? Post up or check www.jeepinohio.com

·
Registered
680 Posts
Im going to add this to our Chapters calendar and see if i cant get some of us up to this.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i will have to see if i can get it off. i work weekends. i have a small group of trucks already planning on going to Wellsville just need to check the run date. i think it is planned for the 27th and if not i think it will change. we plan on camping for the weekend. i hope to see u all there :)

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
coyota said:
well i just found out about Wellsville being partly closed. anyone got directions for the Forbidden Zone entrence?
directions from the reststop:
Follow SR 213 South (or East... whatever way the road goes)...
After crossing the train tracks, you will go up a hill, bend to the left and go down a hill... about 2/3's way down the hill there is a very sharp right turn...
make that sharp right turn...
this road follows a small creek for a ways then goes up a hill...
the forbidden zone driveway is a vear to the right off the main road...
this drive way winds around a bit, but you will come to a trailer where you have to pay ~$10 and sign in...

once you pay, I am not sure where jason wants to meet...
if you go left when you get to the trailer, there is an opening at the powerlines... this is a good place to meet if a meeting place has not yet been decided...

I hope to be there, and will for sure stop at the rest stop prior to heading to forbiddenzone atv park...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
not to discourage you or anyone else, but since it's your first trip to Wellsville I figure I better warn you, the trails are pretty tight and there's a good chance your truck will get some custom pinstriping from tree branches and etc. I just don't want to surprise anybody there.

typically we meet in the clearing at the top of the powerlines when going in thru FZ

·
Registered
613 Posts
True - after washing mine, my drivers side had a few new strips. They didn't go through the primer, but the red is gone.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Well this may be a surprise to folks :D but I am out for this run. I have to save and save some more so me and Steph can start getting this dang house built.

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol first trip to forbidden zone. not to wellsville. ive been there twice but we went in some other entrence. oh about the custom pinstriping i really not worried about that. i got a few dents and scratches on my truck lol.ill be glad to beat the fender in a little more. im only goin if i can get it off and get my bro to haul it there. my truck is not legal to drive.

·
Registered
680 Posts
well right now it looks like me and eith er one other guy rideing with me or with his truck, rest of the group says it too far to leave there pergo wife at home. Fair enough i guess. more then likely we will be coming up Friday and staying in Wellsville. any one know a of a good place to stay?

Also if close to the time if i could get a cell phone number of one of the guys going that would be swell.. Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Not sure whats going on, I want to have some type of parking brake in place before we go though. New cables (front and rear) or something special.

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Jeebs01 said:
Not sure whats going on, I want to have some type of parking brake in place before we go though. New cables (front and rear) or something special.

Go transfer case mounted......sky manufactureing has a kit that is pretty cheap if I remember correctly

·
Registered
3,164 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ive seen that type of brake before, its just a matter of allocating funds. We'll see what Santa brings for Christmas... :) Thanks for the products/links for easy reference.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts