TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since my stock Toyota radio didn't have a cd player I let some friends at the time talk me into a Jensen DVD player, well it's messing up and I hate it. Can anyone help me as to how to take the Jensen out and put my stock Toyota radio back in till I find a CD player that I want?

It's not hooked to the parking park they didn't do that when it was installed.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ok since my stock Toyota radio didn't have a cd player I let some friends at the time talk me into a Jensen DVD player, well it's messing up and I hate it. Can anyone help me as to how to take the Jensen out and put my stock Toyota radio back in till I find a CD player that I want?

It's not hooked to the parking park they didn't do that when it was installed.
not sure on the removal but use Crutchfield.com to find a new one. They send it with everything you need to hook it up

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
X2 on Crutchfield. I always buy from them. They have all the extras like filler shelves for regular decks fitting the double din, and factory compatible harnesses. No need to cut the stock plugs off.

They also have very good customer support. They stayed on the phone with me when I did my first install for the entire time and walked me through it.

You can't beat good customer service.

They can provide instructions for specific vehicles too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
really easy to take a cd player out in these.

Pull the 3 knobs off for the ac controls
Pop off the rectangular plastic piece that is around the 3 knobs.
There's 2 screws under that that hold the dash bezel on, take those out.
Pull out the ashtray and there's 2 screws up under there to take out.
Now the dash piece can be popped off
There's 4 screws holding the radio on, after that pull it out and unplug it

depending on how they installed it, the stock should just plug back in. If they cut up the wiring harness it might not be that easy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really easy to take a cd player out in these.

Pull the 3 knobs off for the ac controls
Pop off the rectangular plastic piece that is around the 3 knobs.
There's 2 screws under that that hold the dash bezel on, take those out.
Pull out the ashtray and there's 2 screws up under there to take out.
Now the dash piece can be popped off
There's 4 screws holding the radio on, after that pull it out and unplug it

depending on how they installed it, the stock should just plug back in. If they cut up the wiring harness it might not be that easy
Thank you so much!! I am going to try it this evening some time. I didn't know it might be that easy to install/uninstall radios...

I hope they didn't cut the wiring harness so it will be easy to help me out, but my luck they probably did. All I know is they told me they had bypassed the parking brake when they done it... I shouldn't have gotten that radio, but I was crazy then I guess. I would have never taken my stock out if it had a CD player in it. I will probably put one with mp3 etc. when I have time to pick one out that I want. The main thing that Jensen has got to go ASAP!

If they cut the wiring harness,, any suggestions what I will need to do?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will look for a new one there. I think I want to go ahead and put one with mp3 and bluetooth when I do. I'm keeping the truck even after I get my new one so it's not like it will be a waste of money, I just won't be driving it as much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im so happy, the instructions were great. I did it in under an hour! Everything plugged in so easy!

Again thanks a bunch!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts