TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THANKS FAUX for the use of Jackstand Alley and your mad cutting skillz.
Well, Faux did some :saw: and I did some BOOGER :welder: . It was the FIRST time I have ever used a mig welder and on sheet metal at that. TRUST me, this was probably not the best project to start out with, but, it seems to be very solid. 13 inches removed, and bed liner bobbed too. I plan on doing a paint stripe after some minor body work as I waved it some when grinding on the boogs. I'll be adding a license plate light, bumper and mud flaps soon. I love it and am very pleased with my attempt.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow buddy, you could climb a vertical wall with that approach angle! Oh, and the bob looks sweet too!

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TBob said:
cool Mike - now when is that thing gona get out on the trail?
Haha on the trail, that's good :D . I couldn't decide whether to flat bed or bob it. Since bob'n it was for the most part cheap, that's the route I went. It will see trail time when I get some money to finish it. Now that my welder is up and running, I will be puting in some time on get'n things buttoned up. Needed high dollar items remaining to buy are gears, lockers, front drive shaft, winch, and spare parts assortment.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Haha on the trail, that's good :D . I couldn't decide whether to flat bed or bob it. Since bob'n it was for the most part cheap, that's the route I went. It will see trail time when I get some money to finish it. Now that my welder is up and running, I will be puting in some time on get'n things buttoned up. Needed high dollar items remaining to buy are gears, lockers, front drive shaft, winch, and spare parts assortment.

So then, am I understanding correctly that you just said that lacking winch and spare parts you won't be on the trail?!?!?!?!!?!? :confused:

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Heatstroke said:
You forgot sliders on your list!!! ;)

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TBob said:
naw he can just reused the pretty chrome nerf bars. They only have one minor ding

Hey, those pretty chrome rock feelers ran every trail you've drug your junk through and they held up pretty darned well. I'll be doing something a wee bit more stout when the time comes.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I'm sure it's only because of your expert driving skills - I would have destroyed those long ago.

Heatstroke said:
Hey, those pretty chrome rock feelers ran every trail you've drug your junk through and they held up pretty darned well. I'll be doing something a wee bit more stout when the time comes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts