TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I'm new to the Yota thing. I've been a die-hard Early Bronco fan my whole life but was so damned impressed with those Yota's on the trails I went and bought one.

I picked up an 88 V6 4Runner that will be undergoing a 3.4 swap as soon as I find a harness and ecu. I picked up a complete 1996 manual tranny drivetrain on craigs for $300!

I've built Broncos with 5.0's and can offer assistance wiring those and I also put a Cummins 4BT in one as well.

I'm a teacher by trade and therefore have summers off to wrench and wheel and FISH! My house is tiny and the garage is smaller but I'm always there to lend a hand if needed. I've got welders and plasmas etc....

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and say...

HELLO

Jim

(oh yeah, I'm almost 40 and been married to the most wonderful girl in the world for the past 14 years!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to "meet" you! Still got an EB?

-Sean
No, I sold the EB to a buddy of mine up in Conifer. When the build was done, I found the EB to be a bit too heavy, too tall, and WAY TOO LOUD for my liking. He loves it though.

He's running 39" Pit Bulls and getting 26 mpg doing it. No BS!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Hey I'm in Arvada as well. Welcome. I'm also fresh out of the public school system. Where do you teach?

Since you live close by, you may have seen these two out and about causing mayhem. :)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hey Jim, think I just got you PM on yotatech. If you want to come by and check out the engine swaps that is cool. PM me here when works for you. Welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome!

You fish or catch?
That all depends on how much "refreshment" I've had before the stories begin.

Trying to 'catch' some walleye but not having much luck this year. I've hit the wiper up at Union, some wallys down at Cherry Creek, next to nothing at Chatty, and a couple lakers and some Kokes up at Green Mt and Granby.

How bout you?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Jim, think I just got you PM on yotatech. If you want to come by and check out the engine swaps that is cool. PM me here when works for you. Welcome
I appreciate the invite and will take you up on it. Yota's appear to be a bit more complex than the Chevy TBI's and Ford MPI's I've dealt with. The cummins was the easiest wiring wise - one 12 volt wire to the fuel solenoid!

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I was exposed to the difference between catching and fishing one time and got to know how little I know!

When I lived in NC, I worked with a guy who had a 6 acre huge pond/small lake on his property and the tech who worked for me was a serious fisherman (like Bassmasters serious). We would go fishing and I don't think he ever made more than 3 casts without getting a fish on. He would seriously work his way through his tackle box from "I think they'll hit this today" down to "no way are they going after this" and STILL be catching fish. In the mean time, I'm getting lures stuck in trees, losing it off the line, ...

Once or twice a year, they would clean out the brim so the bass could get bigger, and then Bo would take his fly rod ... I swear his picture is on fish post office walls as public enemy #1 ... it was just STUPID how fast he could fill up the stringer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts