TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I do! If you come in the first gate it's right before you come down to the parking area! I love going over it and dropping in to the camp site

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The truck is looking good! A wee bit more flex than the tacoma.:p

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A wee bit more flex than the tacoma.:p
Just a little. ;)

The interesting thing is during that whole trip the tranny didn't pop out of gear once. So, I'll give it some more time to break in the gears in the t-cases, and maybe I won't have to rebuild my tranny or get a new one. I'll stick to trails like Johnny Park and Slaughterhouse. Which was the plan to begin with until I get my comfort level up.

My Dad however got a little carnage.

We ended up going the wrong direction on part of the trail and ended up going up a steep hill. Well the Runner only made it so far then lost traction. The they tried to turn around on this steep hill, big mistake.

Where was I you might ask? I was slowly backing down the hill, and should have told him not to move until I get back, my bad.

Then he got hung up by a tree and busted off his drivers side mirror, broke part of the weather guard, got some minor scratches, and tore off the front drivers mud flap.

It could have been much worse, but we got 'em down, and carried on and still had a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Where is there a steep hill on Johnny park? The only one I can picture is after the parking area going up by the gate. My buddy has talked about this hill before but I have never seen it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts