TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how 'bout a get together/bbq/swapmeet sometime this summer...

someplace everyone can just hang out for the day and bring all the spare parts they have laying around in the garage and trade/sell.

bbq/band/beer/and of course bs

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
good idea.... molly will see this eventually and she can add it to the list of things that we will do this summer

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Excellent idea. I'm sure we all have a plethora of Toyota parts in our garages that need to go. I'm sick of trying to sell the stuff to strangers online and deal with shipping issues. Cash is king.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we discussed this swap meet possibility at last nights meeting. seems like others thought it a good idea as well. i will put something together for this summer(sometime after july 4th).

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
a combo swap meet/ fundraiser would be a good idea. get everyone together...

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
..... you really want to bring parts with you, get some stuff you need from other people, and go wheeling with all the stuff in the back of your truck? i think 2 seperate deals would probably be better...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, in order to have a successful 'swap meet', that will need to be the primary function of the event, although it would be nice to grill up some grub in the process. We could start a thread detailing the parts everyone's bringing to sell, trade, or give away.
If the goal of the event is for everybody to get rid of parts they don't need and pick up parts they've been looking for, then it follows logically that we want maximum turnout. We should post it on other forums (CO4X4.org and Yotatech, among others) If we were to create a flyer to pass out, we could really turn this into a profitable event.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
What about checking into local fairgrounds for the location? So long as the weather is nice, we would only need a corner of a parking lot.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my thoughts were this.... the primary function of this event will be the swap meet. no wheeling on this one. i intend to find a place such as a fair ground type area (or park area) that will allow us to bring our trucks (and parts) and let us spend the day socializing and trading. kinda like an open air flea market. I will be looking for places in the denver/northern area so if anyone knows of any place, just yell. I was thinking of having food and beverages as well (bbq, beer, soda's, water). say $5 for the day if you have nothing to sell and $10 for the folks who will be selling. obviously all proceeds go to the club. i have a band lined up and is more than happy to play. i can put flyers together and just make this a killer event. max participation would definately be necessary. if anyone has anything they would like to see happen with this event, let me know and we'll make it happen!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ya know I was thinking beers... but then I remembered we aren't allowed to consume adult beverages at official club events... maybe we should make it an unofficial/official swap meet/picnic/meet and greet/welcome summer party/sell your shit and show off your truck thing... What about meeting in the mountains in a field or something, not wheeling... just get away from all the damn people in Denver? Ok nevermind, posting again after being awake more than 24 hours.... I will stop

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
"1st Annual Un-Official Cottora Swap Meet" .....this is the bands vote. Their motto - "The more you drink, the better we sound!" :xozzy: :xbeer1:

there will be a "preliminary" to this event....July 4th weekend at my house..details to be posted at a later date. :xbeer3:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
What about doing it somewhere like All Phase to try and get more people to come by to buy stuff and learn about the club?

Maybe you could have an RTI ramp or other stuff for people to play with their trucks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
What about doing it somewhere like All Phase to try and get more people to come by to buy stuff and learn about the club?

Maybe you could have an RTI ramp or other stuff for people to play with their trucks.
wow, Mols really has gotten to you, a few words come to mind!... ;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I think the Fairgrounds parking lot idea is perfect. So is the concept of entry fees. Keep in mind guys, we need maximum turnout from people outside the club, too. Think about it, we all have stuff to sell that few of the other club members want. Bumpers for example...and stock exhaust. We all have a stock airbox in our garage and probably some stock rims too.
So it's safe to say we need turnout from the general public too.
If food, sponsors, and/or live music are necessary to get a larger turnout, then that's what we should do.
I've spent all spring arranging and executing filter sales events at my jobbers, and I can tell you what works:
-A mailing list. If we create a flyer that can be tri-folded and stamped, we can mail to independent auto shops, Toyota shops, 4X4 fab shops, etc. 39 cents is the cheapest and most practical advertising on the planet
-Free shite, as in a raffle. I'll donate some filters, for example.

Of course, at this point, we're talking about a full-blown fundraiser. But I think that may be the direction this needs to go. It'll help us trade and sell stuff in addition to promoting the club.
Just stop me folks, if I'm going overboard here. Sort of a brainstorm session.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no....continue...this is the type of feed back i was looking for. U have some killer ideas and i think we are invisioning the same type of event. this is the thread for brain storming this deal. i guess the first order of business would be a date and location. i'll throw july 22nd out there. any objections to JULY 22nd??? once we set a firm date, i can start looking for locations. Spindle, it would be nice if you could help me out. i would like this to take place around the "denver" area but i am not completely familiar with that area. would you be willing to hook up one weekend so we could shoot around and nail down a location?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts