TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nothing fancy just another quick simple rear bumper,...I'll be cutting the truck and wraping the side soon, I just wanted to get this on the truck and I got about a 1/2" between the tail gate and bumper when it's down,

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm not usually the type to do all the ass patting, and saying nice job and whatnot - but I don't want to leave you hanging. It really is a nice bumper. Though the pictures are shitty, what I can see is nice. What sort of candy like paint did you use to give those silver shackles the tampon blood color? Paint never lasts very long on those things, but it looks good on the black truck.

Got any detail pictures as to how you finished it off? (stuff like the gap cover, brackets, etc.) Do those shackle tabs go all the way through?

Gotta 'splain the project a little more to reveal the details and design intent if you're going to post about it - LOL.

I guess I may be partial to the style - it's alot like mine.

The first time you take out a mini-van's windshield with it you'll be glad you have it (and yes I would know).

·
Registered
299 Posts
make me one lol

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
nice job looks good. x2 on the shackle color i like it!

if you havent gotten an led light yet for the license plate, check out autozone, they have one for $15 thats low profile and decent looking. it does come chrome, but i just sanded it down and painted it and its been holding up pretty well

·
Registered
651 Posts
I like your style. In this one, I made provisions for modular, plate type, bolt on, side protection and it holds 2.5 gals of air

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I like your style. In this one, I made provisions for modular, plate type, bolt on, side protection and it holds 2.5 gals of air
I did the same thing on front and rear bumpers that I made in regards to air tanks. I used 3/16s" 3X5 square wall, drilled and tapped them for fittings.

I realize that square wall tubing makes for a weak air tank, BUT 3/16s, no changes in dimensions occured at 150psi pressure check.

IMO its a great use of space.

Wally

·
Registered
651 Posts
I realize that square wall tubing makes for a weak air tank, BUT 3/16s, no changes in dimensions occured at 150psi pressure check.

IMO its a great use of space.

Wally
I hear ya there. Mine started out as 1/8", 2x6 tube with 1/4" and 1/2" plate in critical areas and it definatly will "breathe". At 105 psi it swells a good 1/8". Can't really see it. That's only 1/16" on each face and only at the spot with the full 6" span. The license plate holes are sleeved through and capped on the outside. I'm sure that helps a bit.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Thanks for the input guys, Sorry about the shitty pics, I'm no photographer, But it's just a 2x6x3/16" with 1.5x3x3/16" U Channel to hold it to the truck and I will use 2x2 square to wrap the truck, and I used 2x3/16" flat bar to cap the angels and ends, The shackel points are not going through just welded one, I never use them I always use my hitch for pulling people out But my bet would say those shackel points arn't going anywhere if I did have to use them,....The paint I used for them is that red anodized paint, just wanted to try something different,...

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pic update with a little better quality photo and the LED tag light,

·
Registered
992 Posts
how far down did you move down before you cut the angle? how long is the flat part on the bottom? is it the same width as the bed or a little shorter?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went down 2" because I bought 2" stock to wrap the side of the truck with, and I measured over 19"s and capped it with 2"x 1/4" Flat Bar,

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks good, just got done with mine that is somewhat similar on my tundra.

I see that you are about 45 minutes away from me in bradenton. Where do you go wheeling at? I go through bradenton every once in a while going to the beach.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well our last Meet on here was in Ocala National Forest and it was pretty fun, But the Florida Fourwheeler Drive association meet is up in croom citrus and richloom area at the end of Jan. so everyone in the Florida Chapter on here is planning to do that, you should deff come out man!...But as far as around here there just a couple mud holes and on hilly place we play at right off of I-75 at exit 217, Called Cooper Creek,

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well our last Meet on here was in Ocala National Forest and it was pretty fun, But the Florida Fourwheeler Drive association meet is up in croom citrus and richloom area at the end of Jan. so everyone in the Florida Chapter on here is planning to do that, you should deff come out man!...But as far as around here there just a couple mud holes and on hilly place we play at right off of I-75 at exit 217, Called Cooper Creek,
I will really have to look into it, I have been wanting to go on a ride with everyone on here and not through a mud pit. I will go to the florida chapter and look for more info if it is there.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah Man you will deff have to come out!

Thanks mark, Do you still want one, I see that your selling the truck??? Whys that?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I changed my mind, I'm keeping it. I love my tacoma too much, and I want one of these!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts