TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is, just like eeryone else's almost. Only thing diffrent that I did that I havent seen yet is mounting my crossmember on top of the frame. I could only do this,of course because of my 3" BL. I know I need to take it off, but it would be extremely to much work to do that and I've got this and sliders all welded up, and it makes it nice and easy to work on everything, and no pounding when I clock my t-case ;) So anyways, on to the pics. Contructive critisim welcome :eek:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Doesn't appear to have much up travel left in those shocks??

I don't know, that always confuses me on what is enough shock at ride height.....

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
X2 on the up travel. What shocks did you go with..Rancho's? btw - I had my crossmember on top of the frame and I don't have a body lift...just need to lift the bed off the frame to get the crossmember in there! :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4xClover said:
X2 on the up travel. What shocks did you go with..Rancho's? btw - I had my crossmember on top of the frame and I don't have a body lift...just need to lift the bed off the frame to get the crossmember in there! :)

If you'll look closely at the distance between the bumpstops on the u-bolt plates and on the frame, and then look at how much shaft is left of the shock shaft its the same. Just doesnt look like much because of how little of a lift I have back there(1.5" shackles). Here in the next few months or so I'll be swapping in a diamond up front, and I'm going with chevy's out back and I'm prolly going to go with 12" shocks. I think that will be enough, maybe 14"'s if they'll fit. Ive still got plenty of room left on that cross member to move the bolts more towards the middle if I have to. But I can still stuff a tire the same as before. Also did anyone get a noticble amount of axle wrap after losing the stock set-up?

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
nauvooguy said:
If you'll look closely at the distance between the bumpstops on the u-bolt plates and on the frame, and then look at how much shaft is left of the shock shaft its the same. Just doesnt look like much because of how little of a lift I have back there(1.5" shackles). Here in the next few months or so I'll be swapping in a diamond up front, and I'm going with chevy's out back and I'm prolly going to go with 12" shocks. I think that will be enough, maybe 14"'s if they'll fit. Ive still got plenty of room left on that cross member to move the bolts more towards the middle if I have to. But I can still stuff a tire the same as before. Also did anyone get a noticble amount of axle wrap after losing the stock set-up?
Ahh...I see what you're talking about, just didn't notice that right away..thanks for pointing that out. I think you're on the right track with the length of the new shocks when you swap out the new springs. Oh and I actually lost some of my axle wrap when I did the re-loc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I havent actually had any wheelin with it, just some light off-roadin, and it seems to be more prominant than before.

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
nauvooguy said:
Well I havent actually had any wheelin with it, just some light off-roadin, and it seems to be more prominant than before.
By the looks of your pics you are still running the stock springs. These are extremely soft and flexy which attributes to your axle wrap - gets worse as the springs wear too. If you're going to replace the springs at some point you should notice the axle wrap go away. If not, you can always add a traction bar.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea stock springs. They are pretty bad inverted so I know thats the cause of most of it, but damn I love the way the flex, and I'm afraid to try anything else.

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
nauvooguy said:
Yea stock springs. They are pretty bad inverted so I know thats the cause of most of it, but damn I love the way the flex, and I'm afraid to try anything else.
I picked up a set of All Pro 3" lift springs for about $300 and they are just as flexy and don't require a shackle for the lift. I've seen a set of stock springs break on the trail b/c they were so inverted! Made for quite an interesting trip back from the trail!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i'm jsut waiting to snap a leaf then I'll just pop in the cheby's!

·
Registered
342 Posts
4xClover said:
I picked up a set of All Pro 3" lift springs for about $300 and they are just as flexy and don't require a shackle for the lift. I've seen a set of stock springs break on the trail b/c they were so inverted! Made for quite an interesting trip back from the trail!

x2 on the allpro leafs. I made a special 1.5hour trip to a friends house to install them the day befoe i went back to his house to wheel with them. I am renting and don't have the room for much of my tools. and laying on a stone driveway sucks on the jack, jackstands, and my back. so after returning home then going wheeling the next day the pass.side sagged more than the drivers side. parked the truck in my driveay wth the drivers side stuffed over night. they are both even, only sagged about 3/8" max so far. been on the truck 3 weeks. amazing ride on the street over the stock with add a leaf. and the anti wrap leaf works wonders plant the power to the ground awsomely. now i just need new shocks for the rear and it will ride 100times better.

cheap too!! after shipping i think i paid $330 something like that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have any pics of them flexing? I know I need to get some new ones, but like I said earlier I'm going to be SASing this year some time so I dont know if I want to just wait till that or not. I probably will wait because I'm not wheeling much right now because my ADD actuator is busted and I'm not dropping $300+ on some junk I'll be cuttin off in months time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ok done just go to the link in my sig and click on general mods. you'll see the all pro leaves on my basment floor then the pics i jut took tonight. would have drooped more but it was the tallest thing i could get to righ now without mygf cutting my throught. I can stuff the entire tire up into the wheel well with stock shackles and a 1.5" body lift and the entire tire will droop below the plane of my sliders when i get it to full droop. but i have no good shots of them on the last trail ride. sorry . good luck if you buy them you'll love them. i got them to match the 3link i ordered and have not gotten yet. i'm sasing in the next month or so. ap said i shouold have the kit by thursday or friday.
they really let the axle move like a see-saw out back i love them plus no axle wrap with the anti wrap leaf up front.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you did the relocation, did you use your existing shocks? i wanna do this mod b/c of the cracked portion around the shock mount.. friggin sucks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
i did the relocation a long time ago but the shocks suck and the job wasn't done too great. but i will be changing them with the sky shock mounts for the axle and also mounting them up front as i have a crossmember up there to support the bed after the BL. i didn't just put blocks on the frame i ran a full length crossmember. and i don't have to move any of the brake lines.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nowhere2wheel said:
i did the relocation a long time ago but the shocks suck and the job wasn't done too great. but i will be changing them with the sky shock mounts for the axle and also mounting them up front as i have a crossmember up there to support the bed after the BL. i didn't just put blocks on the frame i ran a full length crossmember. and i don't have to move any of the brake lines.
Cool :D But did you use the same shocks :confused: I wanna do this but want to know if i need new shocks..

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah i used the shocks that came with my coornfed kit with the a-a-l , there procomps es 3000 i think, whatever they are they suck. I think there te ten inch travel, i know the shock is limiting travel but when i do the sas in the next two months i will swap them out for the bilstien 5150's 12" travel.( are those the ones with the attached remote res.?)i would be able to droop more if i had longer shocks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Right on! Well time to bust out the :welder: Did you get the shock mounts from alpro?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts