TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked out a good Deal on a used Yellow FJC this past weekend and am very glad I bought it. It's 4x4 with Rear locker and A-track, and has upgrade package #2, Roof rack, spare tire cover, and side steps. It was a one owner with 34K miles on it and had a clean record. Had been garaged kept too, and never off road. I love the way it drives and rides. I can't wait to get it off road and try it out really good, but got to sale my 07 Tacoma now. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok! We need more FJC's on this site. I'm a past taco owner with a fj too. You will love the way that rig performs off-road. A few mods, and your set.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got to say, the more I drive it, the more I Love it. As far as mods, I seen a mod for the making the Rear locker and A-Trac work together, so I plan on looking in to doing that, and would like to get a light bar for the Roof rack to mount the two 6in Hella 500's and two 7in Baja Champions I took off my Tacoma. Wile am at it, I may put two small lights on the back of the roof rack to light up things behind me. Speaking of lights and light bar, I guess I will have to sale my N-Fab light bar I had on the front of my Tacoma now too.

I have already installed my Ham radio antenna on the back door, but have yet to figure out how I'm going to install the radio its self. It has a Remote Display, so it should be easy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyway, got to take the FJ out for a test this afternoon, boy was that fun. This thing is great, YOU GOT TO LOVE A-TRAC!!!! Drove it over a tree across the path, it was 6 to 7 inches in diameter, and it was across some red clay like mud with water still flowing around it from the recent rains. The path was washed out really bad in a few places and had craw around in some wet muddy ditches and washouts in some of the steep parts. I am really impressed by how well it performs

·
Registered
79 Posts
OH, sell, yeah thats right.

Anyway, got to take the FJ out for a test this afternoon, boy was that fun. This thing is great, YOU GOT TO LOVE A-TRAC!!!! Drove it over a tree across the path, it was 6 to 7 inches in diameter, and it was across some red clay like mud with water still flowing around it from the recent rains. The path was washed out really bad in a few places and had craw around in some wet muddy ditches and washouts in some of the steep parts. I am really impressed by how well it performs
Trees, dirt, mud? Oh my God! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trees, dirt, mud? Oh my God!
Ok, I'm not quite the big off road guy that most of you on here are, but I'm slowly sticking my foot into it, and besides that, I'm Having Fun. :D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Do you mind telling us how much you picked it up for? I am almost afraid to ask. I have lost some serious value out here in CA, you were smart buying it used. It is a really fun and capable truck, check out the bandi mount for antannae mounting, I have one and love it (really clean). I can't wait to hook up the fab4 winch bumper, if you haven't seen it...You have to-it is the baddest looking winch bumper I have ever seen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, I'm not quite the big off road guy that most of you on here are, but I'm slowly sticking my foot into it, and besides that, I'm Having Fun. :D
Having fun is what it's all about! You will find most of us on this forum are just like you. There are a few here (you know who you are) who should be spending more time outdoors wheeling, then forum surfing. :driving:

But that could be a topic for another thread, at another time. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do you mind telling us how much you picked it up for? I am almost afraid to ask. I have lost some serious value out here in CA, you were smart buying it used. It is a really fun and capable truck, check out the bandi mount for antannae mounting, I have one and love it (really clean). I can't wait to hook up the fab4 winch bumper, if you haven't seen it...You have to-it is the baddest looking winch bumper I have ever seen.
Well, I got the Antenna mounted on the back door with one of the mounts I already had that was made for that, worked out really good. I would like to get an ARB bumper and some BFG A/T tires, but that requires money that I don't have right now, maybe some day. I am going to put 4 lights I already have on top mounted to the roof rack, just got to decided how I want to mount them.

For the price: I got mine for $21,200 after negotiations, they started out wanting $22,500 for it. Other used ones in this area are going for $24K+. KBB said mine should go for $23,565 Retail used. After looking online at new window sticker prices for one with the same options mine has plus accessories mine has, it was around $31,700 new if my research was correct.

Here are my options:
34K miles
Auto Trans
4x4
Rear locker
A-track
Upgrade package #2
Tow Hitch
Roof Rack
FJ Black Spare tire cover
FJ Floor Mats
Toyota Guard protection
Running Boards / side steps
Day time running lights
FJ Jammer Stereo with Sub W.
Back up sensors
Three Gauges on the dash
Cruse, Power locks and all that stuff
Passenger side arm rest
cargo mat
120V AC power outlet

Some of the above stuff may be standard, but I listed it anyway.

MPG so far:
1st tank = 21.13mpg 85% Hwy
2nd tank = 20.38 mpg some driving in 4Lo here
3rd tank = 22.01mpg 85% Hwy.
4th tank = 21.07mpg 85% Hwy runing AC
5th tank = 21.95mpg 85% Hwy No AC
6th tank = 21.60mpg 95% Interstate on trip, AC on, two pasengers
7th tank = ?? working on it.

jb.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I like the Passenger side Armrest, we didn't get that, and good job getting it at that price. We are in the same boat as you, wanting to upgrade it, but finding money to be tigt right now with payments so damn high, but it is still very capable bone stock.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I Finally got some pictures when I went to Lookout Mt. GA. / TN.
Here are a few:

jb.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice rig! Now start working on your mod list...:saw:

I'm going to order my Demello sliders this week. If I wait any longer, I'll mess something up!

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
COngrats on the purchase and nice photos of your new rig!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice rig! Now start working on your mod list...:saw:
Well, I put my home made light bar on my roof rack this weekend, and some cheap rectangular lights. I wanted to put my 6 and 7 inch lights I have from off my taco up there but I got worried about clearance and tree limbs and such so opted for something a little more low profile. I think I got about $60 in it all together. I also put two lights on the back of the roof rack too. Got every thing wired up Sunday and it all looks good. I got to adjust the front light just a little, and that should do it. I’m going to get a brush guard for the front and mount either the 6in or 7in lights I got there.

Will post photos soon.

Oh, I also installed a stainless steal exhaust tip and my Ham radio under the seat and display next to the 4x4 shifter and antenna on the back door.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice pics, what part of AL are you in? I have a lot of FJ friends in north Al.
Mid, central North AL. Morgan Co. about 20 min east of I65. south of Huntsville. I work in Huntsville.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mid, central North AL. Morgan Co. about 20 min east of I65. south of Huntsville. I work in Huntsville.
Your not far from all of us (SMC), if you ever make to the fjcruiserforums.com check out the Smokey Mountain Cruisers' sub forum in SouthEast region. We have 7 members in your area.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your not far from all of us (SMC), if you ever make to the fjcruiserforums.com check out the Smokey Mountain Cruisers' sub forum in SouthEast region. We have 7 members in your area.
I just looked at your web site, and looks like fun. I will have to keep ya'll in mind. I usualy make at least one trip the GSM a year, and have aready been once this year, maybe I can plan something when ya'll got something going on next time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are the photos so far. You all can let me know what you think, still would rather have my round 6in and 7in lights on top though. Well, I will see how long these stay up there, if I take them off or something else. :D

jb. :saw:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts