TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll start backing up and when i cut the wheel while on the brakes i'll hear a clunk. i was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and knows what i did wrong or need to fix to make it quit. to my knowledge the rotors are on right, the calipers are attached correctly, and the wheel is also on right. :confused:

for clarity, it only clunks at low speeds with the wheel turned and on the brakes.

·
Registered
273 Posts
When was the last time you lubed the drive shaft?

Could be a bad ball joint.

Can you pinpoint where the sound is coming from?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not the driveshaft, ive greased up recently and the clunk clearly started after the brake job. ball joint i might believe cause i see some grease kinda stuff on the passenger upper boot, but i still don't think that's it either. it's coming from the front end, if i could pinpoint it any further i wouldnt be asking vague questions like i am lol. it seems to be driver's side if it matters.

during the install, one of the pistons came out of the caliper. would air in the lines possibly cause a clunk? they were bled some, but i don't think we got it all out.

and as far as volume it's not like a super clunk of doom like the hard braking slip yoke clunk, it's like 1/4 the intensity of that if i had to put a proportion to it.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
mine does the same as im slowing down... havent figured it out either..

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
make sure the pads are properly seated onto the caliper "pin's" that they sit on. If they are not in place correctly they can and will shift around as they are trying to spin free as they grab the rotor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
make sure the pads are properly seated onto the caliper "pin's" that they sit on. If they are not in place correctly they can and will shift around as they are trying to spin free as they grab the rotor.
you know im almost positive this is it now that you mention it. i may pull the wheels again this weekend and make sure everything's in place. if that doesn't fix it i'll bump the thread.

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
you know im almost positive this is it now that you mention it. i may pull the wheels again this weekend and make sure everything's in place. if that doesn't fix it i'll bump the thread.

thanks for the help guys
Why wait :confused: ? Brakes stop :) . No brakes GO :eek: . No brainer, FIX NOW!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i cant even intentionally make it clunk now, i guess everything got settled. i think there was wiggle room in there somehow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts