TTORA Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
lol, i hate 3 links, not because of how they function, but i have a mental block on them. with 4 links i can see how it all works in my mind better for some reason and can tune them very well. but i know one thing, you will never go to a leaf sprung suspension after running a well tuned linked one :D and it wont be long before you link the front, its addictive

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
zszac111 said:
… but i know one thing, you will never go to a leaf sprung suspension after running a well tuned linked one :D and it wont be long before you link the front, its addictive
Don't tell me that!:D
I have already stopped myself once from beginning plans to change the front!

Basically my buddy that helped me SAS the truck is going to be helping again with the rear. I told him that I was thinking about swapping the front to links at the same time, and he already told me that if I did, I would be doing it by myself.LOL

but I haven't even got the link on the rear yet, but already seeing and dreaming about the advantages of linking the front.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Down the road…down the road. I need to keep this project on track. Last time I deverted from my SAS plans it took me 4 years to complete! LOL!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Bear said:
You are right, I just broke things down a bit further than I probably needed to. I am also keeping the option open to buy the springs from one place and the coil overs from another if I can find a good deal on either component.

I pretty much have changed plans already and am going to go with the 14" rather than 16". Just for the mere reason I want to keep this as simple as possible. I already figure on having a lot of down travel compared to up. so I should be good. Hell I could probably make 12" travel work…but again why would I do that? 12"_14" travel is the same price so go with the easiest size that will work right?
The other thing is that you can always use limiting straps if you have too much travel, but if you buy springs that are too short, you may be stuck with 'em.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts