TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i asking out of curiostity and if im in the wrong section i wont feel bad if this is moved or deleted. i was talking to a guy earlier who seemed to know what he was talking about but i started to wonder when he was telling me that he once had an 86 f250 with dana 90's and he had broke one. am i the dumbass or is this dude full of it? my thought process was short but made sense to me, if there was a d90 why would it be on a 3/4ton truck and how the hell would he break it... just asking, hopefully w/out getting flamed

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I definitely don't know everything there is to know about Dana axles, but I've never heard of a D90, especially in an F250. Maybe he's dyslexic and was looking at the axle upside down and actually had a D60??? :D An 86 F250 probably only had 44's though. It might have had a 60 rear but most likely not a 60 front. If he had 44's though, maybe he doubled that, added 2 (for 2 axles) and got 90? I dunno.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i asking out of curiostity and if im in the wrong section i wont feel bad if this is moved or deleted. i was talking to a guy earlier who seemed to know what he was talking about but i started to wonder when he was telling me that he once had an 86 f250 with dana 90's and he had broke one. am i the dumbass or is this dude full of it? my thought process was short but made sense to me, if there was a d90 why would it be on a 3/4ton truck and how the hell would he break it... just asking, hopefully w/out getting flamed
No, Dana/Spicer does not make a 90. They make 70's, 80's and even a 110, but not a 90.

Hmm, lemme think, '86 F250 non-HD? Most likely has a D44 TTB axle up front.

Just so you know: TTB brings the suck, big time.

And: 5 out of every 3 people suffer from dyslexia and don't even know it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No, Dana/Spicer does not make a 90. They make 70's, 80's and even a 110, but not a 90.

Hmm, lemme think, '86 F250 non-HD? Most likely has a D44 TTB axle up front.

Just so you know: TTB brings the suck, big time.

And: 5 out of every 3 people suffer from dyslexia and don't even know it.
Yep, and even D135's. He's full of shit. Unless swapped, it was either a D44 or D50 TTB front with most likely a Sterling 10.25" in the back. He probably broke a front D44 TTB something and thought he was hardcore:rolleyes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
It should be D60 out back. My friend has a 85 F250 with with 97 f350 running gear it is sweet!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hes full of it. They put D80s in motorhomes and phonetrucks. They are huge, full floaters. BTW it hurts very badly when you drop a D80 brake drum on your hand. It took 6 months for all my fingernails to growback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts