TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm tearing the plastic off!

Hey y'all. I'm back in buisness with my '99 Tacoma. Just got a new motor put in her and looking to hit some trails with everyone:D. I've had 'er since she was 14 miles old and now she's turning 184,000:driving:. I'm living up in Fairplay, CO and probably going to hit Mosquito or Websters pass in the next week or two. Getting married Aug. 31st as well!:eek: I've been unable to get to any trails this season(since my truck's been down) so now that I've got my rig back I'll be hitting up all my favorite trails in the high country.:xcrazy: I'm taking some time off maybe in september for a camping/wheeling trip but I'm not sure where I'm heading to. Any suggestions? See you on the trails!

Tacoma_Tom

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Welcome! I just rolled through Fairplay yesterday coming home from Wheeler Lake. I'm up there quite a bit, because I have a cabin off CR 12, almost into Alma. I would say you're in a perfect area right now for wheeling, but you could venture into Buena Vista as well for some really good stuff.

If so see this hunk'o'junk give a wave or a honk or something:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on Quick Draw! Nice Rig, reminds me of my old custom cab. I'll keep an eye out for you. Looks like the cornice is gone from Websters Pass have you been up there lately?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Nope, I haven't been in that direction recently. Its probably been 3 years or so since I took Webster. I usually stick to Mosquito, Mt. Bross, Wheeler Lake, and some other unnamed things around.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
We did Mosquito pass sunday. (along with holy cross and other stuff) Pics here http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138335

When driving back via 285 on top of kenosha I could see webster looked damned clear. Not a lick of snow where the usual cornice is.

Welcome BTW!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh and I might try and plan a red cone run for a sat or sunday in the next few weeks before we risk a high snow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody for the welcomes, it's good to be back.

Lysmachia - thanks for the update. Thats the same spot I've been watching it from. LMK when you run Red Cone I'll see if I'm available. I'm coming into weekend sets at work so it's 50/50.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ok I will post a red cone planning thread tomorrow and you can put in your 2 cents on a date that would work for you!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, now that my wedding is past and winter is approaching fast I'll be hitting up a lot of trails.
Thanks again for all the welcomes!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered my rock sliders from Allpro. I'm hoping to get them and have them installed by Friday but I'm doubtful I'll have them that quick. See you all at TK's on 19th.

·
7,735 Posts
Just ordered my rock sliders from Allpro. I'm hoping to get them and have them installed by Friday but I'm doubtful I'll have them that quick. See you all at TK's on 19th.
I'll be interested to hear when you actually get them. I've heard differing stories about receiving the right parts from all pro when they say they'll be delivered.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was planning on installing them myself. From what I read they are bolt on and welding is needed for extra strength. I do not have a welder right now so maybe I could hook up with someone on here for some weld time/expertise. My neighbor has an arc welder that's about the size of a car battery:(. It's great for small projects that you don't really care about. I certainly wouldn't use it for anything I care about or that I'm going to count on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts