TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in and talked to Dylan @ Donahoe about extending the coilovers for the 05+ Tacomas and they took the shocks off the truck, extended them, and reinstalled them super quick status, i was VERY impressed. Everyone there was super nice and didn't mind me hanging around the shop and answered all the questions for me. Turns out my arms clear perfectly with the spacer, droops out nice, no contact with the coil, I'm very happy. Now i ahve at leats an additional 3/4" of travel, lol. After my experience at the shop I am very glad I went with only Donahoe on my truck. And i got to look at all the trucks in the shop (FJ, Taco, Superduty, and a brand new Superduty). Thanks Donahoe!

·
Registered
492 Posts
How much did it costs to drop off the truck and have them do it?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to give out any wrong information, but i think it is going to be around $50/shock.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
and what does that have to do with R&D?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rofl, thats what dylan called it. i was like cool, im special. they put in the spacer to see if it would come in contact with my coils... they told me to beat on it and see if the upper arm contacts the coil, and if it does then bring it back in, lol.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm confused. Why would your upper arm hit your coil? Isn't it an internal spacer?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm confused. Why would your upper arm hit your coil? Isn't it an internal spacer?
it is an internal spacer.. but the more your suspension droops the more angled your upper arm becomes... moving it closer to the coil int he coilover.

this is funny cause i email donahoe about the extented version of the coilovers for the 05 tacoma's and and if theyre gonna be releasing them soon and they told me that they were just testing them right now, i guess your the test subject
yes, this is true, hence the "R&D" lol... ive been bugging them for months and my buddy works there, and i have everything donahoe puts out, lol.

I thought they already had extended versions of their coilovers available for 05s?
nope, not yet... very soon.

i also removed my swaybar and damn it rides better.

·
Registered
239 Posts
We used Brock’s truck for some application checking. His friend works here so I had him bring his truck in so I could check clearances and measurements on the extended coilover option. We used his truck for a couple of hours of R&D and he got his shocks extended for free.

If you send your shocks in we can extend them and inspect them for $40 a shock

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
phew, at least my quote was high, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts