TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I love this FJ! I've been driving it for about a week now and I'm amazed! I got the 6 speed manual, 4X4. I finally got it on a dirt road tonight for about ten miles and boy does it handle well. Prior to the dirt road there is a stretch of pavement with some nast potholes. I hit one at speed with the front left tire and I was imediately worried about the alignment and or tire balance. I got her on some smooth pavement and I noticed no steering pull or vibrations. I guess I did no harm? What a tough rig! I can't imagine this rig with an upgraded suspension. I have the 265 75 16's, and I think they fit the FJ well. I'm wondering though, after my shocks wear out, that if there is a better shock, like coil overs, that will keep the FJ at stock height? Anyway, Great Vehicle Toyota!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Go to allprooffroad.com and demellooffroad.com and look around the sites. Then start saving your $$$$$.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to allprooffroad.com and demellooffroad.com and look around the sites. Then start saving your $$$$$.
I thought I had the "Mod Bug" with the 05' Tacoma... With the FJ, the Mod Possibilities are endless!

I am completely impressed with the FJ!

·
Registered
164 Posts
yea you too dad we both have to save some cash, my sac might cost a bit more than your plans

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
what gears do the FJ's have? My taco's got 3:73's running 265/70/16. I notice the FJ's have 265/75/16 tire.. same gears or like 4.10's?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Automatics have 3.73's and the manuals have 4.11's.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm still torn between which vehicle to buy next. I miss my Cherokee and/or the SUV feel so much. I drove a Trail Teams one here at work and really liked it. Guy had TRD this and that all over it. Rode well but it's still an SUV. So, it's either 4 door Tacoma or FJ...currently leaning towards the FJ.

·
4,068 Posts
it's either 4 door Tacoma or FJ...currently leaning towards the FJ.
I had the same problem. Ended up getting the DC Taco, comes in handy when you need to haul something. If you never haul anything get the FJ. Can't fit a quad or dirtbike in the FJ though!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had the same problem. Ended up getting the DC Taco, comes in handy when you need to haul something. If you never haul anything get the FJ. Can't fit a quad or dirtbike in the FJ though!
That was the problem with my Cherokee. It could barely haul my boat. Looked like an asshole with a deer on the surf rack in fall, and ducks stunk everything up inside...The 13 mpg sucked moose balls also. I NEED a bed but I'm always DD so I'll go with the DC also...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Wow I love this FJ! I've been driving it for about a week now and I'm amazed! I got the 6 speed manual, 4X4. I finally got it on a dirt road tonight for about ten miles and boy does it handle well. Prior to the dirt road there is a stretch of pavement with some nast potholes. I hit one at speed with the front left tire and I was imediately worried about the alignment and or tire balance. I got her on some smooth pavement and I noticed no steering pull or vibrations. I guess I did no harm? What a tough rig! I can't imagine this rig with an upgraded suspension. I have the 265 75 16's, and I think they fit the FJ well. I'm wondering though, after my shocks wear out, that if there is a better shock, like coil overs, that will keep the FJ at stock height? Anyway, Great Vehicle Toyota!!!!!!
I love my FJ too, the solid frame seems to help the suspension and makes the thing handle like a dream IMO. Wait till you put some Icon's on there. It gets even better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm still torn between which vehicle to buy next. I miss my Cherokee and/or the SUV feel so much. I drove a Trail Teams one here at work and really liked it. Guy had TRD this and that all over it. Rode well but it's still an SUV. So, it's either 4 door Tacoma or FJ...currently leaning towards the FJ.
Definately go with the FJ, you will love it, my brother has an '05 Taco and its just lovely, but i got an '08 FJ and trust me, you will love it! especially because its very easy to clean mud and crap from the interior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts