TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lifted my 96 tacoma and it looks great. But I have noticed that the e-brake line sits very close to my rear leaf springs. When the e-brake is pulled it sits agains the leaf springs. I am sure I can fab a spacer for this but wanted to get some feedback before I do it. It just seems like it is really close, I am afraid to wheel with it this close!!!! Thanks you for any responses.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i thin this is what the proportioning braket is for, its just a plate with holes in it that raises the brakes up

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
My e-brake cable rubs the leafs a little but it's nothing to really worry about.

green96taco said:
i thin this is what the proportioning braket is for, its just a plate with holes in it that raises the brakes up
The brake proporationing bracket simply lifts the rod that goes up to the brake proportioning valve (BPV). It does not lift any of the other brake components.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the proportioning braket does not raise the e-brake line it raises the line to the brake proportioner, so when you lift your truck it still loads the brakes when towing or you have a heavy load.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks interex. Thats what I wanted to hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts