TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to drain the oil out of my '07 tacoma i unscrew that plug that is on the bottom of the black piece of the engine that is connected to the main part of the engine right? it's my first time changing the oil on my new truck and i just want to be sure.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I believe your gonna get flamed for this, I would post this in newbie next time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a question, if they don't like it then just move on to the next thread, i'm not worried about someone insulting me on the internet, just trying to work on my truck.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I am assuming that you have the V6. The plug you are referring to is the oil pan drain plug. Yes, it is located on that black thing under the truck (oil pan). I believe it is a 14MM hex. The oil filter is located on the top side of the engine, drivers side. It will leak into the small recess that surrounds it when you unscrew it. Keep shop rags handy to clean the mess. The engine oil change is 5.5 qts including the filter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bro, i let it drain for like a half an hour so by the time i took off the filter it was bone dry, no spilage at all. i switched over to amsoil and i'm stoked about it, i would take it out for a cruise but the weather is to nice here in va so when i go i do it on my bike.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You're welcome. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
how many km/miles between changes are you doing and how many km/miles on it now?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
it's a question, if they don't like it then just move on to the next thread, i'm not worried about someone insulting me on the internet, just trying to work on my truck.
FYI, he was giving you good info, questions like this dont normally get treated well out of newbie land...but as you see you did get your answer, dont cop an attitue and you will get more of a responce...

Which amsoil oil will you be using? I assume your using their EaO filters as well.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
AH64: X2, he's new to the board and I was feeling all warm and fuzzy today:rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right now it has about 2,800 miles on it, it's the first oil change the truck has got. amsoil says the oil is good for 25k miles and the filter for 12.5k but i'll probably change both at around 6k or so.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
right now it has about 2,800 miles on it, it's the first oil change the truck has got. amsoil says the oil is good for 25k miles and the filter for 12.5k but i'll probably change both at around 6k or so.
Which oil and filter? The EaO filters are good for 25K as well.

My dad is a dealer, so I very pro- amsoil... I will be putting it in my 07, but will wait until 10K to do so. I plan to run the TSO (0w-30) and the dual remote bypass setup.

·
Banned
262 Posts
It's nice to see people acting like adults for a change around here. Good work people.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
nice job John and Barry-gotta be good to have warm and fuzzy now and than:D
Matter "O" fact, just got some warm and fuzzy this morning:) :boobies: That might explain things...Oh shit :xofftopic

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Matter "O" fact, just got some warm and fuzzy this morning:) :boobies: That might explain things...Oh shit :xofftopic
:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I believe your gonna get flamed for this, I would post this in newbie next time.
I can think of 2 reasons why you were incorrect.

1. People were a little stunned at such a basic question, but more importantly,

2. he is actually trying to learn about his truck and how to take care of it himself. It all starts with an oil change and I personally think he deserves a lot of respect for getting down and dirty with his truck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you forgot to tell him to take the rubber plug off the oil filter catch tray and stick a corona bottle under it....makes for a mess free operation

1 - 20 of 35 Posts