TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I just moved from Arizona where i was a AZ-TTORA member, and am now interested to see what fun trails Oregon has! I'm living in Ashland Oregon.

Just wanted to introduce myself!
I'm Molly, have a 2001 Taco 4 door 4x4 with a 2" lift, 32s and sliders. (so I can't go where all the "big dawgs" go, but I can wheel some smaller stuff!)

Hello OTTORA!!!!

Hope to meet everyone soon!

P.S.
I won't be able to wheel until I get new tires... any suggestions?
I have BFG All Terrains right now... is Les Schwab an ok place to go?????

·
Registered
645 Posts
Welcome! Oregon members are pretty spread out. You're way south!! There are a few members around/near that area though. I've been in California for 3 almost 4 years now but will be moving back there end of this year!!

What brings you to Oregon? I wouldn't recommend Les Schwab at all..just my :2cents: Should do some online shopping around. You can find cheaper/better deals. My old truck came with the BFG All Terrain, didn't like them. Got 265/75/16 BFG M/T KM on my old 02 Taco and didn't have problems with them at all. I bought it when my truck had 36,xxx and before it got totaled in 08 I had 79,xxx with plenty of treads left. Now I have the 285/75/16 Toyo M/T on my 05, treads wore out faster but it's a great tire.

Totally up to you on what kind of tires you want to buy. I've only experienced those..

Anyway enjoy the weather :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome!

So far I've only been to Browns Camp. Fun stuff, but quite a drive for you.
Might want to check this site out.

As long as you are only buying tires from them. I took my truck in for alignment last weekend and they screwed stuff up. Set the passenger tire way to far back, so now I have all sorts of fun rubbage when I'm turning. I gotta get that dealt with this weekend instead of wheeling.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to Orygon. I'm up in Portland but have not done much wheeling this year.

I also don't like Schwab mostly because the people that work there are idiots. BFG's are a good all around low priced tire. I've run on Goodyear MTR's for the last 10 years but some say they clog with the slippery mud we have here but I'm usually on the rocks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
welcome, you should do just fine with the set up you have as soon as you get new tires. i would recomend looking into some skidplates; b/c with 32-33" tires, you will make it but might bounce over some things along the way.
as far as tires go, find a good deal. a good price seems to out weigh everything else in the end.

we want to see the truck!

·
Registered
129 Posts
There is quite a bit of wheelin here in southern oregon. I live bout an hour and 10 minutes north of you. We have a big group of locals here and we make trail runs a couple of times a year. Everything from chevys on 38s to stock heep cherokees (although last time we went the jeep got towed and winched over everything).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is quite a bit of wheelin here in southern oregon. I live bout an hour and 10 minutes north of you. We have a big group of locals here and we make trail runs a couple of times a year. Everything from chevys on 38s to stock heep cherokees (although last time we went the jeep got towed and winched over everything).
sweet! I'll be looking for posts on some local trips!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts