TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just seem to go ass backwards on building up my truck.
Today, I purchased my on board air system. It will the kit that Viair sells, it has the 450C pump with a 2.5 gallon tank with all connections.
(1) 2.5 Gallon Viair Air Tank
(1) 450C model Viair Air Compressor
(1) 35ft. Coil Hose
(1) 1/4" Quick Connect Stud (F)
(1) 1/4" NPT Quick Connect Coupler (F)
(1) Dash Panel Gauge with ON/OFF Switch
(1) Pressure Switch with Relay (110 PSI on, 150 PSI off)
(1) Reducer (1/8" NPT F to 1/4" NPT M)
(1) 1/4" NPT 175 PSI Safety Valve
(1) 1/4" Drain Cock
(3) 1/4" NPT Compression Fittings
(1) 4-inch Strip of Continuous Grommet Material
(1) 20ft. 12 Gauge Wire with Inline Fuse Holder

I bought it from WITT's Off Road. WEBSITE HERE for $358. Should arrive next week - I hope.
The compressor will fit into my ammo can and the air tank will fit under the bed floor, either in front of the spare tire or I will need to remove the spare tire.

I will keep everyone updated with a write up and photos.
Can't wait....Only thing left is a suspension system and dedicated tires/wheels.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Aww crap, I remember seeing that, but thought you had it sold. Crap!
The only issue would be the 5 gallon tank you have, I would definately need to remove my spare to get it to fit.
Have you posted on the National board? You might better hits. Good luck on the sell.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Well I just seem to go ass backwards on building up my truck.
Today, I purchased my on board air system. It will the kit that Viair sells, it has the 450C pump with a 2.5 gallon tank with all connections.
(1) 2.5 Gallon Viair Air Tank
(1) 450C model Viair Air Compressor
(1) 35ft. Coil Hose
(1) 1/4" Quick Connect Stud (F)
(1) 1/4" NPT Quick Connect Coupler (F)
(1) Dash Panel Gauge with ON/OFF Switch
(1) Pressure Switch with Relay (110 PSI on, 150 PSI off)
(1) Reducer (1/8" NPT F to 1/4" NPT M)
(1) 1/4" NPT 175 PSI Safety Valve
(1) 1/4" Drain Cock
(3) 1/4" NPT Compression Fittings
(1) 4-inch Strip of Continuous Grommet Material
(1) 20ft. 12 Gauge Wire with Inline Fuse Holder

I bought it from WITT's Off Road. WEBSITE HERE for $358. Should arrive next week - I hope.
The compressor will fit into my ammo can and the air tank will fit under the bed floor, either in front of the spare tire or I will need to remove the spare tire.

I will keep everyone updated with a write up and photos.
Can't wait....Only thing left is a suspension system and dedicated tires/wheels.
If you can make it fit under the bed with the spare in place I'll have to copy your setup. I have that exact same tank and I could not find a comfortable spot for it under the bed. Do you have ABS? If not then you can make the compressor fit under the hood on the pass. side fenderwell. Anyway, looking forward to seeing your complete setup. Always nice to see other people's ideas :)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
looks like it will be a nice setup.

another thing to add to the WAT on the 18th, unless your going to install before then. Let me know if you need a hand.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can make it fit under the bed with the spare in place I'll have to copy your setup. I have that exact same tank and I could not find a comfortable spot for it under the bed. Do you have ABS? If not then you can make the compressor fit under the hood on the pass. side fenderwell. Anyway, looking forward to seeing your complete setup. Always nice to see other people's ideas :)
I have ABS, but I had already planned to install the compressor into my ammo box. A lot less chance of getting wet. Looking to either place the air hook up either in the bed of my truck or through the bottom of the ammo can or split it into two areas, one under the hood and the other near or at the ammo can.

...another thing to add to the WAT on the 18th, unless your going to install before then. Let me know if you need a hand.
Great idea Adam, if the system arrives when i think it should I can plan a WAT on the 18 at Chad's.

·
Old School
938 Posts
Great idea Adam, if the system arrives when i think it should I can plan a WAT on the 18 at Chad's.
Sounds good ! More the merrier. I would be interested in seeing the setup you got, looks like a good one. I just got a CO2 tank :) but it works well enough for me...

Hope to see ya there...

Chad

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's here! (m)

Well my OBA arrived! Damn it was shipped FAST!
I guess I will unpack it and see if the tank will fit where I hope it will fit.
I will keep everyone updated.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well I did some dry fitting of the air tank and it will fit in the area infront of the spare and the rear axle. But there is an issue of the potential of the rear axle or some of some rod that is above the axle hitting the tank, upon full compression. Still not sure on removing my spare at this time to make the tank fit. So I tried and looks like BOTH the tank and compressor will fit in my tool box just fine. I cleared half of the tool box out and place the compressor and tank in and it fit just fine. The Tool Box can close fine. My ammo box took in all the stuff I took out just fine too! (SEE Attachement sketch)

With both the tank and compressor close, my air lines will be super short and I could put the connector onto the surface of the tool box (inwards towards the bed). Then the drain for the tank will go through the bottom of the tool box and out to the passenger side rear wheel well.
I plan to reverify all my fittings and layout, before I start drilling during this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts