TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these for $100 bucks!!!!!!! WOOOOTTTT!!! 31x10x15's Maxxis Bighorns, 4k miles, about 65%tread left!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haven't got the tires yet, paid via paypal and i'm meeting the guy tommorow, they will only go on the truck when i'm going wheeling until i can afford some 33's. they were $100 bucks and i'm happy with them ;) .

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably so, thats just what the kid on the phone told me. but none the less, i'm happy, us college students barely make enough to pay the rent and eat canned green beans every night!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I picked up a set of Bighorns in 255/85 that had "less than an oil change" (aka <5000 miles) on them. Mine looked nearly new, but then again, I paid more than $100 bucks. Yours have more than 4000 miles, but seem to have some useable life left (although the remaining rubber will be harder than a newer tire).

Have fun with them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
looks like you got a good deal $25 a tire is good and they still have some life left in em!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright so i went to pick these things up and they were trash, i don't even think the pics he gave me were recent. after a few words the guy gave me my money back. so.........after that i went to check out a first gen that a guy is rebuilding and in the corner of the shop he had some interco trxs mud terrains 33x12.50x15's, had them on the truck for less than two months, probably 85% tread left, said he'd take $300 bucks for him (he got some 37's for the truck instead), i ended up getting him to throw in a set of 15x8" rims that needed a little cleaning but i ended up getting everything for $300! which seems like a much better deal to me!:D now it's time to do some trimming to eliminate rubbing.:saw:

·
Registered
238 Posts
not bad, good choice on the muds, they still seem to have lower tread then your saying, but sometimes the pics don't do it justice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
alright then, what would YOU rate the tread at??? :confused: still got all the stickies on the sides of the tires.
I'm probably gonna get slammed for this.......
But, I would say (from the pics) that they are about 50%...about $20/piece worth..... :2cents:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man, the pics really aren't doing these things justice i suppose. when i uploaded them i was a little disappointed myself. but i'm tellin ya, they're in really good shape. i didn't clean them up or nothin, let me go put a quarter on them and put up some more pics, i'm starting to feel like an idiot haha, the siping is still in all the tread as well.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
man, the pics really aren't doing these things justice i suppose. when i uploaded them i was a little disappointed myself. but i'm tellin ya, they're in really good shape. i didn't clean them up or nothin, let me go put a quarter on them and put up some more pics, i'm starting to feel like an idiot haha, the siping is still in all the tread as well.....
That's not what I was trying to say......

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh i know man, no worries. but i know these tires are BARE MINIMUM of 70-75% tread life left.....uploading photos now to photobucket

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok here's the pics with a dime, couldn't find a quarter, the trxus tread deapth is rated at 19/32 (slightly over half an inch) new.

·
Registered
93 Posts
what the fuck are you smoking, because i want some.

$20 a piece, haha.....:rolleyes:

I guess you already have some better than me!!!
Read the posts...he said he gave $300 for bothe wheels and tires....if that's $150 for the wheels and $150 for the tires...that equals about $37.50 a tire.
I said they were "about" $20 worth....if you're willing to pay more, just let me know.....I hit all the local tire stores and sell them to ya...plus shipping....
What did you say your smoking?:confused:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
quit while your behind. youve obviously dont know much about used tires, or lifting a truck period. im smoking chronic, something you wish you had in florida. $20 a tire, stfu.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts