TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased an 05 Tacoma about 3 weeks ago, I'm just started to mod and so far I have the side tubular steps and a hood deflector but I'm looking for some sort of FIPK or the best CAI for the money. undefined

Rod

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Icepuck72 said:
Take off the steps and add some sliders.
I need the steps so my wife can get in with the baby.

What are sliders

Rod

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
rods05tacoma said:
I need the steps so my wife can get in with the baby.

What are sliders

Rod
Hey Rod! Glad you found your way over to TTORA's forum. You'll learn more about your Taco & just open the checkbook now. :D

Sliders are a heavier duty chunk of metal, not unlike a nerf or step bar, but closer to the body of the truck & meant to protect the rocker panels from damage. Also great Hi Lift jack points.

This is my hubby's 2002 Taco with the DeMello double bar sliders:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's all good, thanks for the help? I've been into the hot rod thing for a while and haven’t had a truck for a long time. The sliders look like a great mod for an off roader but my truck isn't touching the dirt. I know what you’re going to say but it’s really just a family hauler. We also have a 2004 4runner, after driving that vehicle around I decided to go with a Toyota compared to a ford. It was a hard decision but I'm happy I did it :)
Here's another picture of the sliders:

·
Registered
143 Posts
MuddinMama said:
Now Mark, you be nice. :mad:

I found Rod & his new Taco wandering over @ Pickuptruck.com & wrangled him over here. He's new, so be hospitable. Don't make me hurt you like a beast woman, old bud. LOL!!!!! (buy a Mac yet?)
:D
Hey Mama....of course I'm being nice...Hey, I gave him a link to Demello's site. I hate to see people spend money on nerf bars when they can get something better and used for the same purpose.

How's everything going?? Health ok? Talk to Dan?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Icepuck72 said:
Hey Mama....of course I'm being nice...Hey, I gave him a link to Demello's site. I hate to see people spend money on nerf bars when they can get something better and used for the same purpose.

How's everything going?? Health ok? Talk to Dan?
I saw Jason's stuff in my recent Performance Products catalog. Just about fainted - I guess he's hit the "big time", eh? LOL!!!! Seriously, if it hadn't been for DO's superior designed sliders, I think Steve-O would have been seriously injured when he totaled the 2001. The frame was bent, but ONLY where the sliders weren't - they actually reinforced the frame during the collision. We took them off the old trashed Taco, before they hauled it to Taco Heaven, & they're living on the 2002 now, just like nuthin' happened.

Everything's just ducky with me. Used my surgery recovery time to go back to school & I have my real estate license now. Trying to get going with that career. My spinal fusion was a success & everything's where it's supposed to be. Nope, never hear from Push anymore - he just kind of vanished off the face of the planet after moving to Ohio. I don't know if anyone else does, either. Kind of like Nuke - never see him around anymore, although I'm sure he's active somewhere. Zac & I haven't talked in 3+ years. He's still in Big Lake, last I knew, driving his little Tracker SUV. Sheesh....

What's new with you? No pucks for us to watch this season. :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
rods05tacoma said:
It's all good, thanks for the help? I've been into the hot rod thing for a while and haven’t had a truck for a long time. The sliders look like a great mod for an off roader but my truck isn't touching the dirt. I know what you’re going to say but it’s really just a family hauler. We also have a 2004 4runner, after driving that vehicle around I decided to go with a Toyota compared to a ford. It was a hard decision but I'm happy I did it :)
Don't mention the "F" word here. "F" word bad.

Your Taco will see some dirt. Living in the desert, there's got to be somewhere you like to go that your 'Yota will get you. Cool on the Runner, too.

We like DO's square sliders. See my post above to Mark about our theory behind them doing more than saving your truck's body work.

Take care. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
MuddinMama said:
I saw Jason's stuff in my recent Performance Products catalog. Just about fainted - I guess he's hit the "big time", eh? LOL!!!! Seriously, if it hadn't been for DO's superior designed sliders, I think Steve-O would have been seriously injured when he totaled the 2001. The frame was bent, but ONLY where the sliders weren't - they actually reinforced the frame during the collision. We took them off the old trashed Taco, before they hauled it to Taco Heaven, & they're living on the 2002 now, just like nuthin' happened.

Everything's just ducky with me. Used my surgery recovery time to go back to school & I have my real estate license now. Trying to get going with that career. My spinal fusion was a success & everything's where it's supposed to be. Nope, never hear from Push anymore - he just kind of vanished off the face of the planet after moving to Ohio. I don't know if anyone else does, either. Kind of like Nuke - never see him around anymore, although I'm sure he's active somewhere. Zac & I haven't talked in 3+ years. He's still in Big Lake, last I knew, driving his little Tracker SUV. Sheesh....

What's new with you? No pucks for us to watch this season. :(
Yeah, whatever happened to Nuke?? You're right, Dan fell off the face of the earth...I did hear from someone at my work that he moved back to VA...not sure though.

I'm glad your surgery went well...and the new career. Good luck with that...

A tracker??? :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Icepuck72 said:
Yeah, whatever happened to Nuke?? You're right, Dan fell off the face of the earth...I did hear from someone at my work that he moved back to VA...not sure though.

I'm glad your surgery went well...and the new career. Good luck with that...

A tracker??? :confused:
Last I heard from Dan (Push2Shv), he was happily living in Ohio with "his woman", looking for a house & work. Man, that had to be like 2 years ago. & Even though I'm out of TTORA, I never see Nuke on the boards - I only post if I know something relevant, but surf often. Zac (former MN Chapter Prez) - what a poser he turned out to be. Found out his Taco (the "Troll") was a lease(!!!) & he returned it @ the end of the 3 years, right after 9/11. He said he wanted a more affordable "American" vehicle & ended up with a Chevy Tracker (you heard me - Tracker - LOL!!!). I was invited to a BBQ @ his house that following May & he was a total asshole towards me. That was the last time we had any contact. We had been close buds since '99. Oh well...

·
Registered
143 Posts
MuddinMama said:
Last I heard from Dan (Push2Shv), he was happily living in Ohio with "his woman", looking for a house & work. Man, that had to be like 2 years ago. & Even though I'm out of TTORA, I never see Nuke on the boards - I only post if I know something relevant, but surf often. Zac (former MN Chapter Prez) - what a poser he turned out to be. Found out his Taco (the "Troll") was a lease(!!!) & he returned it @ the end of the 3 years, right after 9/11. He said he wanted a more affordable "American" vehicle & ended up with a Chevy Tracker (you heard me - Tracker - LOL!!!). I was invited to a BBQ @ his house that following May & he was a total asshole towards me. That was the last time we had any contact. We had been close buds since '99. Oh well...
Who leases a 4X4 when you wheel it??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Icepuck72 said:
Who leases a 4X4 when you wheel it??
He did. Made some minor mods, like a tonneau, Hellas, new tires & rims & a CB, then lets them take it back at the end of the lease because he didn't have the $$$ to pay it off. Trust me - he hardly wheeled it & now I know why. He didn't tell anyone that it was leased.

This is the only guy who chickened @ Chicken Corners in Moab 2001 & the same guy who made us all turn around (I mean backing up & turning around on a hill) on our first trip to Spider Lake OHV because "there wasn't a trail" - mind you, THAT particular trail is now our FAVORITE trail there. Hahaha. Yeah, it's a tad close @ the top of the hill, but damn, High Hills is the best trail in the whole place - we run it both ways twice, each time we go there & it just keeps getting better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm really going to try hard not to mod this truck, it's really not worth moding a prerunner anyway. I'm going to stick with toyota tube steps and toyota hood deflector, maybe some seat covers and thats it. It's going to be nice not to worry about mods if I take it to the dealer as well. It sounds like most of you do some serious 4 wheeling and a few years ago I would be right there with you :D

Here's another picture with me next to my truck, a little geeky but I had just purchased it :cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
rods05tacoma said:
I'm really going to try hard not to mod this truck, it's really not worth moding a prerunner anyway. I'm going to stick with toyota tube steps and toyota hood deflector, maybe some seat covers and thats it. It's going to be nice not to worry about mods if I take it to the dealer as well. It sounds like most of you do some serious 4 wheeling and a few years ago I would be right there with you :D

Here's another picture with me next to my truck, a little geeky but I had just purchased it :cool:
Damn, looks like you could go wheeling right out the front door. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts