TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got T-boned by some dumbass in my '92 4x4 V6. I can't get the thing to start now. Is there an inertia switch in this truck? If so where is it? Thanks for any help, I'm so ticked off right now...............

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Was your truck rolled? I know with the Tacos if they roll the fuel pump has a shut off

:bump: for a proper answer.

sorry about that luck Good luck

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
That sucks, hope you were ok. This worked for me once, unplug the battery for 10 or 15 minutes, it allowed the ECU to reset itself. Not sure if it will help, but might be worth a try..

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bear said:
Was your truck rolled? I know with the Tacos if they roll the fuel pump has a shut off

:bump: for a proper answer.

sorry about that luck Good luck
Tell me more about this fuel pump shut off please.

agbuckle98: Has the other driver's company accepted liability yet?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This all happened in a movie theatre parking lot, so not on public streets, there was a police report made but the gist seems to be a no fault collision. I was backing out of my spot and some asshole kid plowed into me with his civic going god knows how fast down the lane. I would have beat his ass but some of his face and hair was stuck in the cracks of his windshield, no seatbelt obvoiusly. I'll post a pic as soon as I get it back to my shop.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That civic was toasted. It was stuck under my truck, and the passenger side wheels of my truck were off the ground. Needless to say, I'll be parting this one out, but I'll have to wait and see what the insurance company is going to do if anything. I should get something out of the dumbass who hit me. I'm also going to go back to the theatre and see if their security cameras caught the collision.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
All that happened in a parking lot???? wow! again sorry for the luck! Try to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU that sometimes works

·
Registered
414 Posts
You're not going to like this:

1) There is no such thing as a "no fault" accident. That term refers to injury coverages.

2) Because you were backing, you've got a greater duty to make sure that the lane is clear.

3) He had the right away.

4) BUT: The way you describe this accident, the kid was driving WAY too fast in the parking lot. If I had to put money on this, I'd say that they will put the majority of the fault on you. If the claims adjusters don't have their heads stuck all the way up their ass, they'll put some fault on the driver of the Civic. With that kind of damage, you don't need a witness to tell that the kid was obviously speeding.

5) Where there skid marks?

6) What state are you in? I see you're in Ohio, that is a "Not Greater Than" state. The best you can hope for is that they say this is a 50/50 accident, in which you could recover 50% of your damages. See the different styles below.

There are a couple different set ups with insurance. The most common is that you have to be LESS at fault than the other party, or LESS than 50% at fault to recover any damages. So, in a "Less Than" state, if each party is 50% at fault, they'll have to go their own way. You can be no more than 49% at fault. Fault is completely subjective and highly debatable.

The next type is "Not Greater Than" which means you can't be more at fault than the other person, so you can both recover if you are each 50% at fault. In a 50/50 accident in a "Not Greater Than" state, you'll each recover 50% of your damages from the other company, assuming they have insurance.

The last state is "Pure Comparative." In this state, the amount at fault you are NOT, is the amount that you can recover. So let's say that you were 80% at fault for an accident, then you can recover 20% of your damages.

Liability is extremely subjective and in your case will rely on how well the claim is handled. Good luck.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just looked at your picture. Another thing that you have going for you is that you were most of the way out of your spot. I seriously doubt that you were backing out doing 90 mph. It will be to your benefit to make sure you say that you checked behind you, and to both sides when you make your statement. No one was in the lane, and you saw no one approaching as you started to back out. With you backing out so far, and the extent of the damage, I'd personally put MORE fault on the driver of the Civic. Again, good luck.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Oh yeah, I realize that you're not asking for insurance help, but this is what I do every single day. Sorry for butting in. If you just want tech help let me know and I'll remove my long posts to cut the clutter.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
First, glad you're OK.

Does it crank at all? Battery is on the passenger side - may have come loose.

Also, ECU is in the passenger kick panel, right where the wheelwell meets the bottom of the truck - in other words, right about where he hit you.

Wonder what would have happened if he hit my truck like that with the sliders and exo....

Makes me glad I don't live in cleveland anymore! :rofl:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The insurance advice is cool, I don't know what is going to happen yet. I got the thing started after towing it back to my shop. The battery was crushed, so I cut it out, dropped in another new one, and it started right up. The cop that wrote the report estimated the speed of the civic to be over 45mph, there were no skid marks, and the accident was caught on tape at the theatre with the security cameras.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Honestly, if the cop is estimating the speed to be 45 mph, you stand a large chance at getting paid a significant portion for your truck.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Glad to hear your ok. And that sucks about your truck becuase some stupid kid in his ricer wants to go fast in a PARKING LOT. If your truck is totaled and your still going to part it out and the rear axle is still in good shape. I would like to know If you would be willing to sell it to me?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, good insurance advice is hard to come by. It's one of those things you don't even want to be bothered with untill something like this happens. It miight even be worth having a dedicated section about insurance in forums like this, a place for people to ask questions about special cases like 4x4's or just clear the muddy water a bit. Stu, I'll PM you with a few more questions, there are more juicy details that have unfolded recently.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The security tape showed it all. There was no cars in the lane when I started backing out of my spot. It was not untill I was all the way outand starting to turn in my intended direction of travel the the civic comes around the corner, down the lane and into me. It looked like the kid was practicing his drifting there! He was absolutely flying! Now it appears the vehicle he was driving was not insured. DAMMIT!!!!! if it's not one thing it's another!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts