TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
lol, I meant to say deposit!! Oops :D. He said he's about 10 weeks out right now but to get my name on the list a deposit is required.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What would your tune-up include that would make S/C-type power :D
We all WANT more power, but might not necessarily NEED it. I rather rebuild the motor and make her purrrrrr :D

At this point, if I slapped on a SC I would lessen the life expectancy of my engine. No bueno.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I wonder how many people will think "Rock Salt"?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well here's an update.

My not even a year old Die Hard Platinum died. Truck had been having issues starting. So I took it up to Sears and they confirmed it. Just strange why it died and it got me thinking, maybe I need to clean up my rats nest of accessories. So I ordered a Blue Sea Fuse Block and breaker to aid that. I also treated myself to a new Milwaukee Impact Wrench set so I can quit using Josh's every time I break on the trail (which seams to be often) "Told him to go to the right"

I wanted to keep an eye on my Trans Temp since my truck is getting older as well as have a little better idea of how fast I'm going since tires kinda throw that off. So I bought a ScanGaugeII for like $80 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

Yesterday I was scrounging craigslist for tires, just to see If I can get by not spending a small fortune for new ones and I found these. Went to go pick them up in conway. $300 smackaroos :D

Sway-A-Way 2.5 CO's

Lastly, before I left for Conway, I got home and found these at my door step. Man they're sweet!!

B.A.M.F. Sliders

Welp, that's about it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
curious to see how the fuse block goes, been debating doing that myself before i add too many more electronics.
I'm gonna re-route things back to inside the cab and mount it somewhere down below the column on the driver side. I''ve decided I'm ditching my two hella lights and the 10" lightbar. I'll be putting up a 30" when it gets here. That's the plan anyways. It's a 12 fuse block so I'll have plenty room for extra things. The cb, rr locker power, compressor, and powered switches will all be on it. I'm sure I'm missing something.

In other news, Josh and I will be tackling the slider install tomorrow. I bought me a panhard drop to re-center my rear axle up too that we'll be installing.

I'm toying with the idea of sending my coil overs off to be rebuilt. They don't look like they need it, I just figure after 3 years they could probably use some freshening up. I'm having issues finding someone local to to do it and I don't really want to do it myself. Got quoted around $240 from OffRoad Warehouse and Offroad-Engineering in San Diego. I haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you checked that new 4x4 shop on count massie rd in maumelle? Dont know if they do any of that stuff, infact just saw the place for the first time last month when my GF moved up that way.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Have you checked that new 4x4 shop on count massie rd in maumelle? Dont know if they do any of that stuff, infact just saw the place for the first time last month when my GF moved up that way.
No I haven't. I just looked them up. Are they called Arkansas 4x4 and Offroad? I'll have I give them a call. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm gonna re-route things back to inside the cab and mount it somewhere down below the column on the driver side. I''ve decided I'm ditching my two hella lights and the 10" lightbar. I'll be putting up a 30" when it gets here. That's the plan anyways. It's a 12 fuse block so I'll have plenty room for extra things. The cb, rr locker power, compressor, and powered switches will all be on it. I'm sure I'm missing something.

In other news, Josh and I will be tackling the slider install tomorrow. I bought me a panhard drop to re-center my rear axle up too that we'll be installing.

I'm toying with the idea of sending my coil overs off to be rebuilt. They don't look like they need it, I just figure after 3 years they could probably use some freshening up. I'm having issues finding someone local to to do it and I don't really want to do it myself. Got quoted around $240 from OffRoad Warehouse and Offroad-Engineering in San Diego. I haven't decided yet.

give me updates on that 30'' im looking into getting some for the feet

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Man those sliders were a bitch.. with the 35's they ended up being too long. The angle on the legs caused the kickout to catch the limited flare cladding on the back doors, which I had to grind down. at least they look good.

Front with tire turned where they would hit the worst.

Rear

Did the panhard drop as well

The only think I can really hope for is the coilovers fixing this. Right now I have about 2.5" lift in the front. The coilovers should put me back to 3" which will bring the sliders up farther from the center point of the tire, thus less rubbing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the sliders look great, but I dont think the meeting of slider to tire will be very nice especially with those square caps.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
11 Participants
JWaldz
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing