TTORA Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Too damn close and they RUB a lot in the fender well. As much as I don't want to cut my brand new shiny sliders, Josh and I are gonna cut the ends down and re-plate them. Then they should clear fine.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Time for an update. Got the sliders cut down and replated. You couldn't tell if you didn't know about it. Thanks Josh. 35's no longer rub on them at all which is great, but they still rub some in the fender well when full lock and flexing. Nothing I can do about that. Coilovers are on and the ride 1 million times better compared to the ome/bilstein setup. It was getting rough. The new 35's ride smooth as butter. Need to do some front ends steering component maintenance and that'll get rid of some wobbling I'm having issues with. New light bar is on and It looks a lot better than the double row one I had on there. Puts out A LOT more lumens too :D. Been doing some small odds and ends I been wanting to do. Replaced the front sway bar bushings, they were toast. Relocated CB antenna and dremelled in a 3 switch holder to free up some room. Ordered me some LED bulbs to freshen up the lighting interior a little more as well as some Wet Okole seat covers that should be another couple weeks before I see those. My driver side seat has a tear and it's only getting worse. My rear driver side window motor is out so I got a guy who's doing a part out to ship me his. Just in time for this nice fall weather! Did I mention I'm broke? Good thing my bday is in a month haha

Future plans (in order)

• Inner & Outer Tie Rods
  • Lower Ball Joints
  • Front Limit Straps
  • Extended Rear Bump Stops
  • Front UCA's
  • Save for Rear plated bumper (tax return money)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Got me some parts..

Here's the culprit of the side to side wheel wobble. It was loose as hell.

The otr and lbj were noticeably warn, but otherwise in good shape. I'll definitely be keeping them for trail spares.

Then got an alignment.

Lastly, I had a box waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Since I ordered the rears separately, looks like I'll be waiting a little longer for them. I love these things.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
11 Participants
JWaldz
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing