TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have read a bunch of the threads on here explaining how K&N sucks because of all the dirt it allows into the intake depsite its claims of higher mpg and flow. Right now, I have the K&N CAI but given the dirt situation and the oil from the filter being the sworn enemy of my MAF sensor, I want to go back to my factory air box. My question here is what everybody thinks is the best replacement filter to put in the airbox for maximum flow for good MPG and will also keep my intake tidy. Plus I like the idea of protecting the MAF sensor better with the factory airbox and also changing the air filter with a new one every 15K - OCD thing I guess. I have heard of Amsoil mentioned...anyone have good luck with anything?

Thanks in advance! :)

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies....I think trusting the Japs and their engineering might be the best way to go. After all, they build the world's finest trucks. Stock toyota filter it is!

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you would be surprised on the stuff some carmakers put on their cars/trucks to quiet the engine and make it sound "nice" and even to save a few pennies in production - the lowest bidder mentality. I have seen a few Chevys and Fords (booooooo!) with some crazy restrictive looking stock systems. But then again, that's why Yota rules and they suck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.