TTORA Forum banner

K & N

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Hemphill1021 
#1 ·
Anyone have a K & N airfilter in their truck? I am curious because it seems they are good, yet my gas milage seems lower with it in. Wondering if anyone else had this issue?

chuck

#5 ·
I have a K & N air filter on my 95 Tacoma but I put that on b/c every time I went to clean my air filter there would be oil in the air filter box. I had to take my truck in a few years ago for a gay re-call. They totally messed it up and my dad ended up blowing the motor on the way out the Toyota dealer parking lot. Sun Toyota SUCKS! That's in Tally. So, that is why I put that on. Anyway, I have the 3.4 V6 and it gives it a little bit of power and yeah it sounds cool but gas wise she guzzles. Works great for what i use it for.

#6 ·
The oils from the K&N filter will coat reed style MAFs tricking the ecu into thinking that more air is entering the motor than is really entering, thus the ecu adds more fuel. I will continue to use a quality toyota paper filter that I have used since day one in my Tundra and I have recently converted back to the efi air box in my Runner. The K&N filters are not the best for our Air flow meters.... also not the worst.

#7 ·
my 04

My o4 has a K & N works fine for me, no noise to speak of. Good gas mileage. Is it an after market add on. I bought my 04 used so I wouldn't know.

p.s I've been with TTORA now for two weeks and I just found the Florida chapter....(TARD)

add me to the list of supporters of the TTORA in Fla.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.