TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Yesterday I was out at Kaena Point up on North Shore and saw 5 or so yota's leaving right around sun set, just wondering... any of yall?

i like the place, didnt do too much exploring but didnt find anything too chalenging, except a few crevices too deep. I was hoping for mud though

·
Hawaii's Damage Control
1,026 Posts
Not the place to be playing around right now. Even though many still go there, they help solidify the closure of the area by going out there and finding the mud holes and driving on the sandy areas with burials in them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, although i didnt know it was a burial ground i guess i could have assumed, im finding out almost all these beaches are

·
Registered
380 Posts
What i have been reading and seeing, is that they are grading the top road and will have designated roads and parking to travel on. pretty soon it will be off limits to four wheeling (well, it kinda suppose to be anyway). I hope this doesn't screw up the fishing grounds.

this is from the ulua forums....

DLNR has announced that they are inviting Kaena Pt. users to participate in incremental walk-throughs on four Saturdays to help establish "designated roads" and parking areas. Vehicles will no longer be able to go off of these "designated roads" once they are set.

If there is a concern about which trails are going to be preserved for access to specific fishing areas, it is highly recommended that fishermen attend. These walk-throughs will cover different areas so it is important that fishermen attend all four.

The first walk-through will be:

Saturday, September 24, 2011
9:00 am
Meet at dirt parking area at the end of Farrington Hwy

The next will be October 1, 8 and 15.

Keep in mind that while DLNR has said their goal is to bring together all users, if fishermen don't show up and say anything, there can't be equal representation in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts