TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep losing my driver side sway bar nut (I'm on my third one now). Why does the little bastard keep coming loose? Do you think that lock-tight stuff will help it? There is only about 1/4 inch of threads (just enough to fit the nut).

-Seth

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
I would have tried locrite by now. If it still comes off throw the swaybar away. It's best you get used to driving withour it if it comes loose that often.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
seth_js said:
I keep losing my driver side sway bar nut (I'm on my third one now). Why does the little bastard keep coming loose? Do you think that lock-tight stuff will help it? There is only about 1/4 inch of threads (just enough to fit the nut).

-Seth
Why only a 1/4" of thread? I lost a nut and was only running one end link, which ended up getting bent someone because of it. So if it keeps happening, I suggest you remove the other side when it does.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
seth_js said:

-Seth
have you removed the links? you may have put them in upside down, which would leave just a couple threads. try locktight too

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too

I have the same problem. In fact, my anti-sway bar is now hanging on by one side because the nut completely fell off, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
jjinux said:
I have the same problem. In fact, my anti-sway bar is now hanging on by one side because the nut completely fell off, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it.
Like I said, you should remove the other side as well, as not to bend links.

·
Registered
8 Posts
since it keeps coming loose or off the best thing to do is use loctite and let it sit for a couple hours so it really dries well and keeps it in place. if it still wants to come out just throw the swaybar away. get used to driving without it if it comes off or loose that often.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I left the driver side off for about 4 days and the damn thing turned upside down (somehow) and ended up ripping half of my CV boot apart. A nice $200 fix instead of an 80 cent bolt. Stupid me

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's funny, my truck is straight axled but I still have the stock sway bar(2001 dub cab) I cut the links but I still use the top part of the link with the nut.. Mine came loose alll of the time. Just use lock tight it works

·
Registered
207 Posts
you could put a new nut on, then drill a small hole throught the middle of the bolt and put a clip through it. if you don't feel comfortable, put the first nut on, then put another on over it, and tighten them up against each other. good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts