TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What an awesome day! A bit windy on Heartattack hill, but not a bad day to do some wheelin' Thanks for setting it up Ike. :D

We had some carnage, a newbie, Shawn, had to go back to town to get some parts. Ike is gonna need an elocker motor. Mike might be looking into some minor fiberglass repair. I will need to repaint part of my driver's slider, front bumper, and get another fog light cover. Not sure about Doug cause he was helping the newbie.

So here are some pics, again not many of them, too busy wheelin'

DENIED AT THE CHUTES!!!

Hopefully others took some pics and can post 'em up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Yanman, nice front axle! ;) Truck looks good. Looks like a fun place to do some wheeling. I can't wait until I can get out to CO next summer..... Have fun y'all.

·
7,735 Posts
yup, good times. We had Shawn's radiator swapped out in about 20 min. Turns out he only lost about 2-3 qt's of ATF when he took out the bottom of the rad.

We ran the rest of the trail. I lost a mirror when I slid off the wall in the chutes. Turns out I forgot to re-lock one of my hubs on the way back into the trail. I ended up doing the chutes twice before I realized why I was having so much trouble. Ran it a third time and it was much easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want to thank you guys for your assistance after my unfortunate radiator mishap.You guys showed some real character. Doug even took the time to make sure I got to the parts I needed, and helped with my radiator swap. He even refused to accept any gas money. I did get some pics of us on Heart Attack Hill, and a few pics of Doug running the Chutes in 3 wheel drive.

Here is the link to the photos I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/shawnstcyr/KelleyFlats10152011?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_gz6a4qK7-owE#

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had a blast again, great to meet Yanman and Shawn. Glad to hear your radiator swap finished up easy.

Nice pics guys!

Man, my rig looks tiny lined up with everyone like that!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out I forgot to re-lock one of my hubs on the way back into the trail. I ended up doing the chutes twice before I realized why I was having so much trouble. Ran it a third time and it was much easier.
Ike did half the Chutes without his rear locker engaged. I think you guys did that on purpose so you would have more of a challenge. ;)

I want to thank you guys for your assistance after my unfortunate radiator mishap.You guys showed some real character. Doug even took the time to make sure I got to the parts I needed, and helped with my radiator swap. He even refused to accept any gas money. I did get some pics of us on Heart Attack Hill, and a few pics of Doug running the Chutes in 3 wheel drive.

Here is the link to the photos I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/shawnstcyr/KelleyFlats10152011?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_gz6a4qK7-owE#
It was good meeting you too Shawn, and glad to hear that you made it out of there. Two words which might help next time. Skid Plate. :D

Had a blast again, great to meet Yanman and Shawn. Man, my rig looks tiny lined up with everyone like that!
Nice to meet you Mike. You'll have to save up your pennies and come up with a plan to fix that tiny rig problem.

·
7,735 Posts
37x12.5 mtr kevlars. They measure out to about 36.75 last time I checked (its been a few runs). They are noticably taller than 37" creepy crawlers, I haven't compared them to others.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Had a blast again, great to meet Yanman and Shawn. Glad to hear your radiator swap finished up easy.

Nice pics guys!

Man, my rig looks tiny lined up with everyone like that!
Mike, now that you are geared and locked, are you ready for big boy tires yet?:p How'd you do on the chutes?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice to meet you Mike. You'll have to save up your pennies and come up with a plan to fix that tiny rig problem.
Yeah, I have something of a plan, it's mostly a matter of gathering the pennies. Now, what did I do with those money tree seeds?? <scratches head />

Mike, now that you are geared and locked, are you ready for big boy tires yet?:p How'd you do on the chutes?
Yup, moving up to 32's or 33's is high on my list, still trying to figure out how much I really want to spend on them and if I want to switch to 16" rims or to keep my 15's.

Didn't do too bad; got most of the way up the first ledge of my first try but got stopped when I flexed out. That LSD up front seems to help out as long as I keep slight ground contact on both tires, but if either one gets fully lifted up, it doesn't put enough power to the down wheel to turn it.

When I backed off a bit to try again, my ass slipped off my line a couple of inches and from then everything I did moved me into the wall on the left a little at a time. I played around in there some but just backed off and called it a day once I got snuggled up against that wall.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yeah, as soon as my KM2's wear out i'm going to move up to a 16" wheel. There's just alot more tire choices in 285 75 16's than there are in 33 10.50 15's. What LSD are you running up front?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah, that's my main consideration in moving to 16's, I think it may be worth the cost now to have more choices later.

Detroit Truetrack.

·
Registered
438 Posts
:lmao: Actually, she was with a dude with a pretty nice early Toyota (don't remember if it was 1st or 2nd gen truck) that started up ahead of us and we caught up to in the chutes.

·
20,355 Posts
Just looked at the pics of doug in the chutes. The big rock that was in the center of the trail got moved against the driver wall between when I ran it and doug did. Wonder if it was the jeeps we saw. That would have made it easy as hell and would have not given me the damage I got.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts