TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running these? I can get a set of 4 265/75/r16 on amazon for around $600 shipped but am hard pressed to find any reviews.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at the Kenda Klever. Not the Kevlar MTR's. I used the search function and couldn't find a thing. I also googled it. One or two threads from a jeep forum came up but nothing really in depth. Just checking before I pull the trigger on a new set.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
They make good bicycle tires....

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Let us know if you go that route.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
X2 on a good MTB tire. I loved the ones I had on my old Trek and as soon as my tires crap out on my new bike I'll probably go back. Now as far as truck tires... I haven't a clue.

Let us know what you think.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
no guinea pig posts yet? Looks like I might go this route, money is tight around here but my runner has got to have some shoes. been close to stuck in some stupid easy places lately. Ill post some reviews as we have just about every type of terrain u can run on here in my area.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
and every fraction in between

if you've ever wheeled yer junk in 'da rocks
you would agree ;)

besides I'm currently rolling 295's
and they're taller by 1 full inch and some ! Lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got the tires on the other day. Havnt had time to get out to the trails so no report on how they do on the rocks. They do pretty well in the mud(didnt go out and try to get stuck just drove a couple fishing roads to the river). They do make some noise at highway speeds, and since I went with 10 ply they do ride a little rough.

And dell, not much to do here but fish and hunt, and u have to wheel to go do both.:thumbs:

·
Registered
962 Posts
made my first trip to actually do some crawling with my kenda tires. Great traction if you air down, but they are so stiff aired up they dont. I didnt try any hard core routes, im running open diffs right now, but the trails i hit i had no problems with. They are loud whenever you are running down the highway though and i have been stuck a couple times in the mud. Not because of the tires, more of because no one told me that the big rock trucks, buggies, heeps had been going around the fishing ponds at the orv park digging out the creek crossings.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I put these on my wife's 4Runner. They're kinda loud and shake at certain speeds plus they have a ridiculous amount of weights to balance. They don't seem to be wearing at all. I can't say if I'd buy them again. The wobble in the steering wheel kinda sucks. Maybe they will get better after the next balance/rotation? Hopefully....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts