TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone, I went out on a limb and traded my extended cab for a dub cab. The dealer did not have the key-fob or what some know as the keyless entry thingy. Anyone know where I can get one CHEAP. I know the stealership will have it but...

Let me know

·
Registered
205 Posts
Don`t know if you can still dicker with them but you should have told him that getting it would be condition of sale.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I believe if its the "toyota" keyless system you have to buy the remote from toyota...Iknow when I had to replace mine for my 4runner it was 80 plus 1 hr shop time for programming...I got them to program it for free...but still paid 80.00...shoulda got one included the purchase price...

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 02 D Cab didnt come with Keyless entry. I went to Best Buy and got a remote starter put in for under 200. Now I have remote start and keyless entry.

Bruce

·
Registered
297 Posts
baker34 said:
Well everyone, I went out on a limb and traded my extended cab for a dub cab. The dealer did not have the key-fob or what some know as the keyless entry thingy. Anyone know where I can get one CHEAP. I know the stealership will have it but...

Let me know
Flebay.... should come with instructions.

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
I got an extra one for cheap off of ebay. If you get one with the same FCC# it will work.

·
Registered
456 Posts
baker34 said:

Let me know

Shoot me a PM with your address and pop me a couple of bucks for shipping and I'll give you one. I think all you have to do is take it to your dealer to get it programmed. I might even be able to pick up a couple more if needed.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Did you buy your dub cab brand new? I just bought a brand new 04' Xcab SR5 TRD and it came with 2 fobs & 3 keys (1 black main key & 2 spares). Every new Tacoma with the keyless entry should come with 2 fobs & 3 keys. I would go back to the dealer and ask for the complete set. Also, since you have keyless entry, have you done your freebee alarm mod?
Toyota's Rock! :xrocker:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Just click the link below and follow the direction's and you'll have your self a freebee alarm mod. If you go one step further and add the GBS (glass breagage sensor w/LED) you will have a full funtioning RS3200 VIP factory alarm for less than $100. You might be able to find the GBS sensor on ebay for $75+/-.
I just went to the dealer and paid the $179 for the GBS.
Good Luck!

Toyota's Rock! :xrocker:

Link: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=12&c=6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts