TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a ski crash that was absorbed by my keys. Unfortunately my keys broke and so did the clicker for my keyless entry. It is the rs3200 i believe, 03 tacoma. I went to the dealer to get a clicker case and all they sell is the entire unit for 70$. Do they sell just the clicker case. I also checked ebay and they have new units for 20-40$, are they programable?

Thanks,
Jared

·
Registered
45 Posts
That happened with my old truck. If you buy a new one of those clicker things, yeah, they're supposed to be programmable. I couldn't figure out how to program mine, so I just took the internals out of my old one and put them in the new case.

-Chris

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine busted when I was hit by a car on my motorcycle back in July. I was going to just swap the case with an ebay one but I ended up getting a remote start that integrated my power locks/alarm.

Nick

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Elfonzerio said:
I had a ski crash that was absorbed by my keys. Unfortunately my keys broke and so did the clicker for my keyless entry. It is the rs3200 i believe, 03 tacoma. I went to the dealer to get a clicker case and all they sell is the entire unit for 70$. Do they sell just the clicker case. I also checked ebay and they have new units for 20-40$, are they programable?

Thanks,
Jared
i got one for my '05 off of ebay for about $15, just ask the seller to include the programming instructions. some will, some won't. Try this seller on ebay: REMOTE-4U, they might have what you need. This listing had it for about $25 with the instructions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-2003-TOYOTA-TACOMA-TUNDRA-KEYLESS-REMOTE-KEY-FOB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ019QQitemZ290059124021QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
it was actually pretty easy from what I remember...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I was guessing that I would have to buy a new one and swap the internals. If I find a good solution I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You can get the programming instructions from the dealer for free. Ask them to fax it to you so you don't even have to drive there. I got them but sold them along with my remote unit.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i have a question, would a RS3200 remote work with a RS3000 alarm.. could it be programed? I would think so.. i would think they would be the same freq but ya never know. If anyone know, doo tell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts