TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's looking like I'm heading back to the Hammers to do some wheeling this time during KOH week. Anyone else interested in going? I plan to leave Tuesday Feb 3 after work and get there sometime early early morning on Wednesday. May be staying in a friends RV, may be staying at Best Western again, haven't decided yet. I'd like to wheel some Hammers trails on the Saturday after the race and drive home Sunday. What say ye??

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am getting a group together to camp for the last few days of the hammers. Socal usually does an official run that Saturday if you want to join up with us.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's looking like I'm heading back to the Hammers to do some wheeling this time during KOH week. Anyone else interested in going? I plan to leave Tuesday Feb 3 after work and get there sometime early early morning on Wednesday. May be staying in a friends RV, may be staying at Best Western again, haven't decided yet. I'd like to wheel some Hammers trails on the Saturday after the race and drive home Sunday. What say ye??
If you have any inclination to wait until Wednesday to leave I'm planning to leave Sacramento around 4 or 5 am. If you're in the bay I usually meet Phill off hwy 5 around 6 and if we keep moving we get to the hammers by 4 or 5pm. There are probably 4 or 5 of us convoying down, let me know if you'd like to join.

As for wheeling, I'm not sure how the 44 will handle the hammers trails but I did some on IFS last year so I'll definitely give it a shot haha

·
Registered
472 Posts
Any updates on you guys coming down?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll be there with a couple buddies and the VP. Plan to leave Sacramento at 4 a.m. Wednesday and meet Kmillan down off 58. If I can keep my pile at 70mph should put us at the hammers around 1 or so.

If anyone wants to join in PM your number and we can figure out a meeting place, always nice to drive down in a group.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you guys wouldn't mind I would like to camp out with you. It would seem like the SoCal group is probably going to be just me.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have any inclination to wait until Wednesday to leave I'm planning to leave Sacramento around 4 or 5 am. If you're in the bay I usually meet Phill off hwy 5 around 6 and if we keep moving we get to the hammers by 4 or 5pm. There are probably 4 or 5 of us convoying down, let me know if you'd like to join.

As for wheeling, I'm not sure how the 44 will handle the hammers trails but I did some on IFS last year so I'll definitely give it a shot haha
Change of plans, now I think I might leave my area around 3 or 4am on Wednesday instead. I'd rather not drive all night like I did last year. We may run into each other on the way down. I'll PM you my number

Yup. Leaving 3 or 4am on Wednesday. Staying on the lakebed probably close to Hammertown in a friends RV. Can't wait!

·
Registered
472 Posts
How do we meet up on the "lake bed"? I haven't been to havent hammer town before.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Im sure ill be down for some wheeling. you know my 4runner is a pile, but whatever.

·
Registered
472 Posts
So we have 2-4 guys from SoCal heading out. How do we all meet up?

·
Registered
472 Posts
If any of you want to me up I will be camped out on a on a nice safe hill north west of hammer town and the lake bed
N 34d 24min 54.9sec
W 116d 31min 23.3sec

1 - 13 of 13 Posts