TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well......never one for things to go easy!! My electrical problems persisted!!
Charged the batteries.....hoping it would be good enough....but alas......it wasn't.
Me, JP, Danny, and Rod all met at the Rebel station, fueled up...adn split right at 10:00 am as promised.

Bad thing is......I didn't make it too far!!! Got trough the light at Buchannan......then lost all power!!! I was able to coast into the Albertsons parking lot....and roll into a parking spot.
My034runner was Dead!!! :eek::mad:

I somehow used up all the battery power I was able to charge on the way up, and had no more, as clearly...the alternator was Not charging!! So.....with the four of us......and not really wanting to send everyone home.....I grabbed a camera, some personal stuff and lunch out of the fridge and hopped into JP's truck, and we continued on our way.
This is....just so you all know....the very First time, that My034runner did Not make the designated trip, and had to be left behind!!! :mad: Also, I believe, the first time I was a passenger!!:D

Thanks to JP for letting me tag along in his truck, and we ended up having a good time!!
Got over the bridge and to the wash, aired down, and off we went!!
Got to the road that goes up to the mines and rode that crazy ridgeline up!! The views are spectacular from up there!! We got some great photos (that I'll try and post up tonight!!)
Got to the first mine, and did some hiking up the hill and checked out the mine shaft(s) and more great views.
Then went over to the other mine shaft (the one with the ore cart rail tracks coming out of the mountain) and while they all kicked back....my fat ass did some more hiking.....and found even more great views to take photos of!!
Got back down to the rest of the group, and headed back down that crazy ridgeline and eventually to the Lake.
Saw 5 rangers (1 NPS boat w/2 rangers, and 1 NV Wildlife boat w/ 1 ranger, and 2 rangers in an Exploder) with these guys across from where we parked for lunch. They let them go after like 30-40 minutes!!

After a while, and after having lunch, we headed back, aired up and went back over the bridge. We were going to go on the pedestrian part of the bridge....but the little parking lot was Full, and we got tired of driving around in circles!!!

Back down to the Albertsons to pull one of my batteries, and JP was nice enough to take me to Costco where I bought them, to return it and get another....and this dude tells me that Costco doesn't carry Optimas anymore!!! I was PISSED OFF!!! Ended up buying whatever crap they had, and decided to hold on to my red top and have Rich bench test it to see if it is still good.
Back to BC, but the battery in, and got going back under my own power!! JP followed me to the Russell off ramp to make sure I was okay.
Thanks again to JP!!! I actually enjoyed being the navigator....and thanks for the battery pick up and follow home!!! You the man!! :clap::clap:

THE END!!!!

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Instead of working, I've been dicking around trying to find the best price on a new Alternator for my034runner!!

Can't afford a new Toyota one here, even at employee price!! Amazon had some decent prices on remans, including reman'd Denso....for around $240.00 on up!!
Autozone had their remans for $125.00 plus core charge...

But, by far the best price of anyone on the Internet.......or here at our store.....was a place called OBB Starters and Alternators!!!

http://www.obbstartersandalternators.com/

They are selling me a BRAND NEW DENSO Alternator for my truck for $165.98....plus Free shipping.....and No Tax!!!!! :xpimp::woot::clap:
Beats the shit out of $300.00 ++ for a new one from here!! :D

Even their customer service with their online chat was exceptional!! So, if everything works out, and I get what I paid for......This is The Place to go for Starters and Alternators!!!!!

I'll post this in the general discussions forums as well.........

·
1,083 Posts
Glad you found a place to get your junk fixed ;)

Thanks for posting up the run and getting to someplace new; it's the first time I've crossed the river to wheel in AZ since I moved here almost 10 years ago. Some great trails to explore back there.

I have some pics too that I'll post later.

·
2,251 Posts
look forward to seeing the pictures, since I missed the trip...

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look forward to seeing the pictures, since I missed the trip...

Between Me, JP and Rod, there should be plenty!! I have to start loading all of my pictures to my WebShots account from now on, as the idiots at Apple have decided to cancel, and thusly...delete....all images stored on the Mobile Me Gallery!!! :asshat:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Ludedude
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing