TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Master "Yota"
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2005 a couple of weeks ago, and the dealer called me last week and told me that Toyota teamed up with Garmin GPS and are offering free GPS units with every toyota truck. The dealer qualified me even though I bought my truck the week prior and I just picked it up the unit today. I was expecting some low end unit but I got the Garmin 60CS with an auto mount and an addapter. Retails for $600 US, $700 here in Canada. For once I feel as though I got a good deal from the dealer. Not to mention when I bought my truck I got 6% off the MSRP. That's pretty good for a new vehical especially considering it's a toyota. Toyota is notorious for not budging much from the MSRP. Way to go Toyota for offering good deals!!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
That's awesome! Think I'll drive down to the dealership and ask for one since I bought my truck in 2000. :D

My GPS V seems so outdated compared to these newfangled units. But it looks good in the truck.

Hurray for a dealership making it right!

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
Sweet man, that is alot cooler than the deal that my dealership offered me when I bought my truck. They had teamed up with a local mountain bike dealer and were offering $100 off of a $350 mountain bike if you added it to your loan....I sure wasn't going to pay interest for 6 years on an extra $250. Not to mention what you get for $350 when you are buying a mountain bike from a dealer... You can go to Walmart and get the same quality for $120.... So way to go TOYOTA and your dealership!!!!

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
tbrown said:
I bought my 2005 a couple of weeks ago, and the dealer called me last week and told me that Toyota teamed up with Garmin GPS and are offering free GPS units with every toyota truck. The dealer qualified me even though I bought my truck the week prior and I just picked it up the unit today. I was expecting some low end unit but I got the Garmin 60CS with an auto mount and an addapter. Retails for $600 US, $700 here in Canada. For once I feel as though I got a good deal from the dealer. Not to mention when I bought my truck I got 6% off the MSRP. That's pretty good for a new vehical especially considering it's a toyota. Toyota is notorious for not budging much from the MSRP. Way to go Toyota for offering good deals!!
That Garmin 60CS is an awesome unit. If you purchase the City Select software to go with it, the GPS will do auto-routing and other cool stuff. Great for marking trail heads, mapping trails and all kinds of other things.

If you are looking to sell the GPS, figure you could get around $400 USD for it.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
mr.trd said:
Sweet man, that is alot cooler than the deal that my dealership offered me when I bought my truck. They had teamed up with a local mountain bike dealer and were offering $100 off of a $350 mountain bike if you added it to your loan....I sure wasn't going to pay interest for 6 years on an extra $250. Not to mention what you get for $350 when you are buying a mountain bike from a dealer... You can go to Walmart and get the same quality for $120.... So way to go TOYOTA and your dealership!!!!
You think you were offered a poor deal, when I bought mine they wanted to charge $209 for a CARGO NET! I pointed out I could just walk over to the accessories counter and get one for $27, I could go to Kragen and get an aftermarket one for $20, or to Walmart and get one for $15. The guy went off, shuffled through some papers, came back and said $209 again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
LOL, I think I will go to Canada for my next dealer purchase. Most dealers suck ass. Although I did ok with mine, lets see traded a 2001 POS MR2 spyder (got Bluebook Value for it) it had a crapload of engine trouble and got my 2003 TRD xtra cab 4x4 for 23K OTD. Althought the truck dash rattles, seatbelt doesnt retract, and the driver seat locks on one side so when you come to a stop the other side locks when the seat slides forward. HMmm. No new cars for me anymore, if I wanted this kind of quality I would have bought a used KIA

·
Registered
44 Posts
Which GPS Software?

ShowStop said:
That Garmin 60CS is an awesome unit. If you purchase the City Select software to go with it, the GPS will do auto-routing and other cool stuff. Great for marking trail heads, mapping trails and all kinds of other things.

If you are looking to sell the GPS, figure you could get around $400 USD for it.
I just bought a Garmin 76cs. I am trying to figure out which is the best software for my needs.

I want to have fairly detailed maps for my journey from Tx to Cali. I want good maps with detail of the Los Angeles area. Finally, I was thinking about getting the TOPO 24K because it says it has 4x4 trails.

Anybody have any input/experience prior to buying? I don't want to waste $200-$300 on software.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts