TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to get a land permit and I thought i could go downtown here in tucson and get one, but it says that they have to be issued from the phoenix office. Do you guys think if i mail an app out tommorow i will be ok for AZ rocks or should i drive up to phoenix and get one??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine only took maybe 4-5 days to get back, but that would be cutting it really close and there's no guarantee.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
So I am trying to get a land permit and I thought i could go downtown here in tucson and get one, but it says that they have to be issued from the phoenix office. Do you guys think if i mail an app out tommorow i will be ok for AZ rocks or should i drive up to phoenix and get one??
I would suggest stopping by the Phoenix office and picking one up. Last time I mailed in for one it took just over a week, more than likely, you won't get in in time - office is on 18th Avenue and Adams, right across the street from Wesley-Bolin Plaza.....in fact you can park in that parking lot and walk across the street - should only take about 10-15 minutes to get the permit once you're there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My roomate just bought a 4-runner this morning, can he go if he doesnt have a permit for land use. I went to phoenix this morning and got a family pass, adn the family pass said its good for people that live in the same house. Does that count as a pass for him too. I am coming for sure on saturday, but would it be ok for my roomate to drive his new truck out there.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
My roomate just bought a 4-runner this morning, can he go if he doesnt have a permit for land use. I went to phoenix this morning and got a family pass, adn the family pass said its good for people that live in the same house. Does that count as a pass for him too. I am coming for sure on saturday, but would it be ok for my roomate to drive his new truck out there.
You'd be better off calling the State Land Dept for that question - however, to my knowledge, permits are not transferable and are only valid for the person on the permit and passengers in his vehicle.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the office in phoenix and they said a family pass covers people living in the same house/apt and it does not matter how many vehicles there are, so from that answer i take it that we can each drive our own vehicle with that pass.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I called the office in phoenix and they said a family pass covers people living in the same house/apt and it does not matter how many vehicles there are, so from that answer i take it that we can each drive our own vehicle with that pass.
Cool.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think I'm just going to send off the application and make a copy of that with the check so that I can show proof that I am in the process of obtaining a permit... that should work, right?

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I think I'm just going to send off the application and make a copy of that with the check so that I can show proof that I am in the process of obtaining a permit... that should work, right?
I don't know about that Holly.... Last year a guy showed up and checked everyone's permit. I would call and see what they say or stop by and pick one up... it's just not worth the $500+ fine... in my opinion.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just have someone get you one who lives up in phoenix, thats what i did. They said it only took them like 10 mins to be in and out of the office with the permit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I got one yesterday...just takes a few minutes. Good people at the office there, they stayed late so I could make it over there to pick up the permit

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone know if i can bring my girlfriend along withotu her having to get her own pass?? Because i will have the permit for the truck. Ill call the office i guess

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts