TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2005 regular cab 4x4 tacoma and was wondering what is the largest tire I could fit on 16 inch rims and still will not require a lift and still have full range of motion. Also, what are some cheaper engine mods I can add to my 2.7 liter 4 banger?

·
Registered
338 Posts
You better use the search button before you get :flamethro . This has been covered before. check the wheels/tire section also. I'd help, but mine are still stock.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I own a 2005 regular cab 4x4 tacoma and was wondering what is the largest tire I could fit on 16 inch rims and still will not require a lift and still have full range of motion. Also, what are some cheaper engine mods I can add to my 2.7 liter 4 banger?
you could pick up the tornado fuel saver for less than 20 bux...

·
Registered
37 Posts
think again, its a regular cab, even with a 3 inch lift he could only stuff 31's...32's if he wants to cut.:saw:
Well I have an 07 Reg cab with a 3 inch and 33 and i didn't have to cut anything but a little of the inside of my wheel well, when the tires were cranked all the way they rubbed a little. So unless you have been there an done that don't talk about something that you don't know about first hand k. And don't bash on reg cabs I get complements all the time from first gens and i give them back. You are on a Toyota site and you don't bash your own brothers.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
think again, its a regular cab, even with a 3 inch lift he could only stuff 31's...32's if he wants to cut.:saw:
WTF are you talking about? I'm running 33x10.5s (285s) on 1.5"-2" of lift.

Works fine.

To the OP:

265s are going to be the biggest you can go without having major rubbing issues.

As for power, you bought the wrong motor. When I went from 245s to 285s it felt waaaaayyyyy slower. Learn to enjoy the extra time you have whenever you go up a grade. There really are no low dollar high performance mods for the truck. If you really want to look though, check out LC Engineering.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well I have an 07 Reg cab with a 3 inch and 33 and i didn't have to cut anything but a little of the inside of my wheel well, when the tires were cranked all the way they rubbed a little. So unless you have been there an done that don't talk about something that you don't know about first hand k. And don't bash on reg cabs I get complements all the time from first gens and i give them back. You are on a Toyota site and you don't bash your own brothers.
i wasnt bashing on reg cabs. and sorry i misread his post. i thought he had a 2wd reg cab, i believe they sit lower than the 4x4 models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts