TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't come up with an answer to this question. I just wanted to get that outa the way, seeing that I'm the newbie here and didn't want to catch a bunch of flack for not doing a search.
I've got any 05. I'm gonna do a 3" lift, toytec I think. Anyways... I've looked around and found some really great wheels I'd like to put on the truck, i.e. American Racings Mojave, and chamber. I'd like to put 275/70/16 on. However I'm not sure if that size will fit the stock wheels. The package tire/wheel price runs around $1600. A bit outa my range at this point. So, I was thinking tires now, wheels later.
So...after all that.
Will 275/70/16 fit stock wheels? If not what is the largest I can get away with.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
That is the size tire ARB has on their 05 tacoma.... shouldnt be an issue... email ARB too see how the fitment is...

most tacomas come with 16" wheels....

·
Registered
397 Posts
considering the topic you'd get alot more responses on this in Tires/Wheels or in the newbie section. this has nothing to do w/late tacoma tech. the wheels aren't anymore special than any other run of the mill 16x7 wheel.

why would you want to put the largest possible tire on a 3" lift???? :confused: you'll never get any sorta articulation out of them. you'll basically be throwing your $$$ away. :newbie:

·
Registered
98 Posts
triumphSPD3 said:
you mean 16X7... stock wheels are either 16x7 or 17X7.5

·
Registered
171 Posts
J.T.054x4Taco said:
considering the topic you'd get alot more responses on this in Tires/Wheels or in the newbie section. this has nothing to do w/late tacoma tech. the wheels aren't anymore special than any other run of the mill 16x7 wheel.

why would you want to put the largest possible tire on a 3" lift???? :confused: you'll never get any sorta articulation out of them. you'll basically be throwing your $$$ away. :newbie:

I would interpret it as "the largest tire possible that will also work on the vehicle". I HOPE that's what he means.

btw.... I know you said you searched.... but you didn't.

·
Registered
345 Posts
SR-71Taco said:
I would interpret it as "the largest tire possible that will also work on the vehicle". I HOPE that's what he means.

btw.... I know you said you searched.... but you didn't.
i think u can fit 275/75/16 easily. i ve seen a pic of a guy fit those tires on an 04 so it wont be a prob

C

·
0 Posts
04 has absofuckinglutely nothing in common with the 05+ Tacomas other than the rear third member.

Stock 16x7 rims on my truck with 285/75/16 BFG M/T with over 38,000 miles and no problems other than some upper control arm rub. With SAW adjustable coil overs at 2.5" of lift.

Lose articulation offroad with the larger tire? WTF are you talking about?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all that helped and had some suggestions. And no thanks to those who are just a bunch of smartass know it alls!!
I decided on Open Country 275/70/16. It still leaves about 3/4 of an inch from the UCA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts