TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2001 Tacoma 5vz-fe 4x4 manual with 55,000 miles on it. It had a dealer installed s/c around 2,000 miles without any fuel upgrades. I've had it for a couple weeks and have had the timing belt changed, all hoses hanged, new coolant, iridium spark plugs(2 steps colder) and the urd 7th injector. It was pinging pretty bad before the injector but now it's minimized but not gone. It also idles extremely low, like below 500... I want to make sure this truck is running perfectly and want to take it in to get it looked over and possibly tuned if needed. I went to precision performance but not too sure if they do tunes and are really familiar with supercharged stuff as he said not to really worry about pinging... please help!

·
Registered
311 Posts
So I just bought a 2001 Tacoma 5vz-fe 4x4 manual with 55,000 miles on it. It had a dealer installed s/c around 2,000 miles without any fuel upgrades. I've had it for a couple weeks and have had the timing belt changed, all hoses hanged, new coolant, iridium spark plugs(2 steps colder) and the urd 7th injector. It was pinging pretty bad before the injector but now it's minimized but not gone. It also idles extremely low, like below 500... I want to make sure this truck is running perfectly and want to take it in to get it looked over and possibly tuned if needed. I went to precision performance but not too sure if they do tunes and are really familiar with supercharged stuff as he said not to really worry about pinging... please help!
This is obvious, but you filling super or premium gasoline in your truck? Get people in this forums don’t recommend sending fuel into the supercharger itself. Instead, upgrade all 6 fuel injectors. I don’t have links to explain better!:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts