TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's how I spent my last day of being able to walk for awhile. My friend Travis and I went up to Lefthand, and checked out the trail up top. It was pretty good wheeling for a 40 min drive, and the middle of February.

I think this was an accidental picture, but Doris was shut down trying to take this line:

So here I am backing down to take the bypass. The Jeep didn't make it either...

Then a view from the top:

I didn't get any of the new trail, because you have all seen them, and as many of you know, the pictures don't even begin to do it any justice. :rolleyes:

So then later we played a little closer to town:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I decided to start building little Doris into big Doris:

:D

I loved finding that picture. That's just perfect. Mine will have its own personal touches....but still....*drool*

·
20,355 Posts
you want to try the springs from Mr. Ugly?

Did you do any of the other off shoots from 5 points? Some of them are alot of fun.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yes, she needs something done in the supsension department for sure. But wheel stands are fun too. :D

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this the new trail?
We went and saw it, but no I didn't take pictures of it. There are several pictures of the new trail circulating around. As I said before, there's no point in taking a picture because most people have already seen it, and it means almost nothing until you're there just trying to walk over those obstacles! :eek:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I first saw this picture I thought your truck was still IFS!.
I think you need to brush up on your Toyota history...:D

Come on, she's not THAT bad... It's hard to see articulation in the rear without a wheel well for reference...it always is... And the front...I doubt that I got much more travel out of the front of my Tacoma. I think the front looks okay for stock, and the rear is lacking a little bit, but it just doesn't have the required weight back there. But who cares...I've got big plans for this truck...

I'm thinking 4 link for the rear...so we'll see just how much longer poor little Doris gets made fun of for flexibility issues...:D

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ducaria, there are two new portions at the top. Theres onesection (thats not part/attached of/to the "extreme route") that really dont look too bad at all.

·
20,355 Posts
upper lefthand, or the new challenge loops?

Upper lefthand is sweet, but i doubt you will want to attempt the new routes.

·
7,735 Posts
When I first saw this picture I thought your truck was still IFS! I didn't think it was.
...And the front...I doubt that I got much more travel out of the front of my Tacoma...
I think that's what he's saying... your taco is ifs, and doris doesn't flex much more in the front.

I like doris, but yeah, you got some work to do on her... of course, my 85 flexed worse than my taco the one time I drove it on a trail. It needs work too.

upper lefthand, or the new challenge loops?

Upper lefthand is sweet, but i doubt you will want to attempt the new routes.
There's one newer route that I worked on that we can do with our trucks. It's not too bad I didn't think.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like doris, but yeah, you got some work to do on her... of course, my 85 flexed worse than my taco the one time I drove it on a trail. It needs work too.
can you even count that as one time?? if i remember correctly you told me you didnt make it much more than maybe a 100 feet into the trail before JR started acting up bad....then again i dont have much room to talk ive only been on two runs with my truck (one and a half i spose with cottora, cause i was there i just didnt see you guys)

·
7,735 Posts
Barely.. I actually only made it about 50 yards, but that thing wasn't flexing at all, it was like riding a bunking bronco.

·
20,355 Posts
old JR was lifting wheels going up the start of moody hill.

If you are talking about the sorter loop, i think it may be doable for out trucks for a little, but the lower entrance/exit looks like it has a big hole that will eventually wash out and make it impassible to us.

That is just what it looked like to me though.

At 5 points if you take the lower of the top trails there are several spots that are nice and challengeing for our trucks though.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Come on, she's not THAT bad... It's hard to see articulation in the rear without a wheel well for reference...
Not really...I dont have wheel wells and you can see some flex here:

BTW Im just giving you some shit. Looks like you had a great time:D

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha...damn it... I have to eat my words. Damn that's a nice truck. When it comes time to do my 4 link, do you mind if I check it out?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts