1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
808 Posts
What happened to the old days when tornados would only hit trailer parks? That is some crazy shit you boys in AR/AL have been dealing with. I guess Ga is on the schedule for today.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happened to the old days when tornados would only hit trailer parks? That is some crazy shit you boys in AR/AL have been dealing with. I guess Ga is on the schedule for today.
yea, thats some nasty stuff :(

keep your head down

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
apparently one was about 6 miles from Tuscaloosa, maybe about 3 from where we were. Shit is scary when you can't do anything about it... you just gotta cower in a corner with a helmet on and hope for the best

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Don't forget ear plugs. That kind of noise will traumatize you. Not kidding.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Stay safe all in the danger zones... Crazy weather.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Prayers out to all those effected by the tornado, we had a couple of small tornadoes touch down here that day, but luckily the storms didn't get their act together until just after they passed over us here. The big one that day thankfully missed my daughter's place by a few miles.

After the nice family chat in the hall way closet that day, we decided to put in that storm shelter we'd always talked about. Last week I bought this, it should be installed sometime in June.

http://www.cumberlandgarages.com/underground-shelters/

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Prayers out to all those effected by the tornado, we had a couple of small tornadoes touch down here that day, but luckily the storms didn't get their act together until just after they passed over us here. The big one that day thankfully missed my daughter's place by a few miles.

After the nice family chat in the hall way closet that day, we decided to put in that storm shelter we'd always talked about. Last week I bought this, it should be installed sometime in June.

http://www.cumberlandgarages.com/underground-shelters/

Interesting.

Looks to be fiberglass.

Just dig a hole and toss it in?

Does it have lights?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Interesting.

Looks to be fiberglass.

Just dig a hole and toss it in?

Does it have lights?
It is fiberglass, so you don't have to worry about it rusting out down the road. It does not have lights, but I plane on putting in battery operated lighting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts