TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't really a club thing, but last weekend I did a ton of driving (about 400 miles in total), and I snapped some kinda cool shots.

On Saturday I headed up to Ft. Collins to get parts from Ike, and grab my bike from my parents place.
On Sunday first went to Winter Park Ski Patrol for the very last time to clear out my locker...:(
And then I headed over to my grandparents cabin near Alma to drop off the bike.

I didn't start taking pictures until Hoosier Pass, but here we go:

A few tourists took pictures of me doing this, instead of the scenery behind them...:D

When I got down Hoosier, I thought I would see what was going on over at Wheeler Lake. No snow wheeling yet. The snow on that narrow shelf road that runs along the reservoir would make you take an icy swim for sure. I bet they will open the gate after that clears.

It seemed just a bit dry and dusty for March:

I decided to head down somewhat of a secret trail of mine, and promptly got stuck...:D It wasn't bad but the combination of aired up almost bald tires and that deep slushy spring snow did me in pretty quick. I aired down, dug out and shoved a couple rocks under my tires. I was out pretty quick, and continued about a half mile down the trail until it looked just a tad too deep

I eventually made it to the cabin, and the bike got to sit the rest of the spring with its buddies.

Can anybody guess why my family didn't quite understand when I said that I wanted to wheel? The bikes go back a lot further than the camera can see. :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Boy for someone having knee surgery you are getting around quite well. Nice shots!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yep, doin' much better lately. Physical therapy is helping a lot, and of course the moment I could walk, I was back to my usual routine.

So I totally figured this truck would be gone by now...time for another price drop, I suppose. I'm actually considering listing Doris as well. I'll be pretty happy with whatever truck I end up with.

But I feel bad for having you help me when I was still gimping around. I didn't want to wait until I could walk again to start selling it....and it turns out that it didn't even matter... So thanks for that, I owe you one.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
But I feel bad for having you help me when I was still gimping around. I didn't want to wait until I could walk again to start selling it....and it turns out that it didn't even matter... So thanks for that, I owe you one.
Like I said no worries on that. I needed to wrench again. Not having a garage sucks and I get urges to work on stuff. And I learned about steering racks as well. ;)

Don't worry you are slowly working on the pay back. Remember the black box??:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts