TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've searched but can't find the answer. I have a 95 Taco, the stamp on the door jam says mfg date 2/95. Does that make mine a 95.5 ?

Did Toyota start making Tacoma's in 95.5 ? or is there a 95.0 - 95.4999 Tacoma model and they made some adjustments to the Tacoma ?

I'm hoping they made just the standard toy truck until then , then in 95.5 they started the Tacoma..

I'm looking at getting some bushmaster fender flares and the fitment says 95.5 - 04

thanks for the info !

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Tacoma came out as a 95.5 model. I knew a guy that bought a brand new 95 pickup only to find out 6 months later a newer model came out!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coolness - now I can get my bushmaster wheel flares with confidence... I ususally don't ever use those auto washes, but the PO really left a lot of dirt under the truck... So I figured I'd go get the "undercarriage wash" .. The dang stupid place bent out my stock 1/2" metal wheel flare... I went back and they said they'd pay for a replacement , though (made him write it on the receipt)..

didn't clean it very well, either - still have mud cakes in some places...

anywhooo, thanks much for the info !!

·
Registered
984 Posts
The way I always heard it was that Toyota was delayed in rolling out the new North America-specific Tacoma model line on schedule (for the start of the 1995 model year, circa August / September 1994). To fill in the gap, Toyota continued producing / selling the prior truck as the original '1995' small pickup, then introduced the new Tacoma line mid-year as a '1995.5' model.

Seeing as how Toyota's model years run from late summer to late summer, your February 1995 production date is in fact 'mid-year' ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts